• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Congratulations Vinder & Fiancee!!

madnezz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Gizmo
Man I really hope some of Jaspreet's brothers read this thread...or are militant members of the Khalistan movement, so they can gun down or beat the shit out of your knuckle dragging ass for making fun of her and her future hubby
*LOL*

fleaflo

TRIBE Member
Man I really hope some of Jaspreet's brothers read this thread...
Personally, I fear the reprisal of drunken Deep when he finds out that his love for you has been outed.

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
Guys I don't think you're understanding what a big deal this is. And quite frankly, some of the jokes are out of place.

One of the central tenets of Sikhism as per their holy book the Guru Granth Sahib is embarking on a family life. E.g. getting married and having kids.

So this is a big deal for him. And his parents. It continues the Sikh way of life, and fulfills one of his duties as a Sikh. (Also helps them overcome the shock since he hasn't been wearing the turban lately. )

I really think you guys aren't treating the proposed alliance between Jaspreet and him with the respect it deserves.
perhaps our lack of respect is spawned from a long history of jocular deceptions regarding the vinder... and often involving the phantom, or... what was that alias keith had? began with an o i think? (which is the only one i know of, he's probably had others)

i mean, imean, let the game play on! forget i said that, insert some ethnocentric abomination in it's place!

(of course what would really be funny is if this were real... WOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!)

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
Actually I've heard MANY first hand stories of arranged marriages leading to great, loving relationships. Just cause it's not OUR way, doesn't mean it doesn't work.
Hell this guy I work with is head over heels with his wife. I almost envy him, and it was an arranged marriage as well.

kuba

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Sunshyne Jones
gawd people sink low on this freakin' site sometimes.
If you're stupid enough to be happy for someone who chose someone to MARRY for the REST of their lives, because their parents said so, then so be it.

Man I really hope some of Jaspreet's brothers read this thread...or are militant members of the Khalistan movement, so they can gun down or beat the shit out of your knuckle dragging ass for making fun of her and her future hubby
I am on the floor.

ON THE FLOOR.

kmac

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
Actually I've heard MANY first hand stories of arranged marriages leading to great, loving relationships. Just cause it's not OUR way, doesn't mean it doesn't work.
Statistically, I've heard they have a better shot at making it last than marriages that aren't arranged but I'm too busy to back it up with a source.

kuba

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KillaLadY
Hmm, I don't know which one is worse:
I can tell you what else is worse but maybe I'll start a new thread for that one. Sure, its maybe his custom, but last time I checked, he was dating a - la north american styles. Now suddenly there's a change in philosophy? riiiight, sure, whatever. Let's see these 'success rates' stats, by the way, and how manyof them were FORCED to succeed because of such thigns as being an outcast because you chose to leave the wife/husband that your parents chose.

keep on being happy for someone so obviously stupid and blind, that maybe he'll end up having to read all this in braille.

I won't support stupidity.

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kmac
Statistically, I've heard they have a better shot at making it last than marriages that aren't arranged but I'm too busy to back it up with a source.
i'm guessing the same religious and cultural component that supports arranged marriages also looks down upon divorce. but maybe that's all part of what makes it work!

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kuba
I can tell you what else is worse but maybe I'll start a new thread for that one. Sure, its maybe his custom, but last time I checked, he was dating a - la north american styles. Now suddenly there's a change in philosophy? riiiight, sure, whatever. Let's see these 'success rates' stats, by the way, and how manyof them were FORCED to succeed because of such thigns as being an outcast because you chose to leave the wife/husband that your parents chose.

keep on being happy for someone so obviously stupid and blind, that maybe he'll end up having to read all this in braille.

I won't support stupidity.

being called stupid by someone who posts stuff like this and the earlier post is no big insult.

fleaflo

TRIBE Member
...keep on being happy for someone so obviously stupid and blind, that maybe he'll end up having to read all this in braille.
I'm afraid that the Deep/Gizmo love chakra is going to have to kick your punk ass.

kuba

TRIBE Member
Ok, how could it not be true?

those of you who know vinder, konw his whereabouts

those of you who know him, know 'other' things.

therefore, if you don't believe it, you're all losers.

i, however, do believe it. i played tennis w/ him before he left, and he told me, and i almost hit him w/ the racket. and balls.

i haven't talked to him since, but trust he's going to be happy, even though, i know it's the biggest mistake..
EVER

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Ok, how could it not be true?

those of you who know vinder, konw his whereabouts

those of you who know him, know 'other' things.

therefore, if you don't believe it, you're all losers.

i, however, do believe it. i played tennis w/ him before he left, and he told me, and i almost hit him w/ the racket. and balls.

i haven't talked to him since, but trust he's going to be happy, even though, i know it's the biggest mistake..
EVER
and of course it's up to you to make that determination and to say so over and over again. are you guys close? if so, then vinder can tell you himself to get off it if he wants. if you're not, then even more reason for you to get off it. either way, i'll stop responding to it 'cause i've said my piece and other than that i'm not involved.