• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Congratulations Vinder & Fiancee!!

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Vinder sent me this picture of him and his lovely new bride! They just met that night and look at the smiles on their faces!

grumblegirl

TRIBE Member
congrats vinder! (also, a wee bit of scepticism on the veracity of this information, but what the heck - congrats are in order, even if it is just a joke, cuz it succeeded.)

and - for all you arranged marriage nay-sayers - studies have shown that arranged marriages tend to be more satisfying/contented in the long run than non-arranged.
so there.

(no - i don't have a reference for that, it's just one of the few things i remember from a soc class at uni.)

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by stir-fry
Vinder sent me this picture of him and his lovely new bride! They just met that night and look at the smiles on their faces!

dude! my fashion cares outfit was waaay better than ^

kuba

TRIBE Member
congrats vinder. good luck marrying a girl you don't even know. Smart. REAAAAAAAAL smart buddy.

(someone must've hit you pretty hard on the head to say 'i do')

MoFo

TRIBE Member
They're gonna make lovely 1/4 Swedish babies.

Too many sharp corners in that loft, Vinder. Your little Parminder needs a backyard!

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kuba
congrats vinder. good luck marrying a girl you don't even know. Smart. REAAAAAAAAL smart buddy.

Dude, he pulled a fine looking honey from a good landowning family. Once again, life comes up thumbs up for Vinder and you're just trying to rain on his parade.

Seriously man, you need to take the bitterness elsewhere. Shred some paper, surf some Polish mail order bride sites, do something.

And it's not like he gets married straight up. There' s a courtship period for the a couple of months...where both parties can still back out. This thing is down to a science there man...the day and age of overnight arrangements and weddings is gone.

2006 - Year of the Vinder and Jas.

Also how fitting that the day Vinder announces this big news..our own Suke celebrates two years of marriage to his beautiful wife Satinder.

Keep on keepin on my Sardarji brethren! Keep on keepin on.

Last edited:

junglegirl

TRIBE Member

maybe its tradition....dont monkey with tradition

Polymorph

TRIBE Member

Yeah and he was getting on my case.

Congrats for what will no doubt be an ongoing Tribe story.

So, what kind of dowry did he get?