• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Conference Help

khemistry

TRIBE Member
Hello tribers,

I don't really know where to post this but I'm assuming this would be the right place.

My boss quickly jump to an offer hosting a big conference to a company.

We have the projector, screen. But what we don't have are mics.

The company that we talk to will be needing 40 to 50 mics.
Table microphones for every 2 people at the classroom tables (about 30-35 of table microphones) + the speakers.

I told my boss about just having a microphone on aisle and have the students go to the aisle if they have any question.

I was wondering if their's a place we can rent this type of equipment for now till we decided to buy our own.

BTW: he was talking about getting a soundboard is this a good idea?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

cosmosuave

TRIBE Member
With what you want to do you will need 2 24 channel mixing boards... This is not the way to go.. Your suggestion of mics in the aisle is your best bet... Long and McQuade I find is the best for rentals... Opinions may vary... You will also need a PA...

khemistry

TRIBE Member
thanks for the reply. But as things get clearer on my end. My company wants a table mic (which is 4 on the front) and basically one table mic per 2 person on the table. Which will consist of 30-35 tables.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
You probably need a company that specializes in this kind of setup to do it for you, delivery, setup, sound monitoring, everything.

khemistry

TRIBE Member
You probably need a company that specializes in this kind of setup to do it for you, delivery, setup, sound monitoring, everything.

I actually did some calls and found one. But my "tool" boss wants to do the setup ourselves. But the place that I called said they will have a tech to set it up. For some reason my boss is scared to get the business get stolen.

It's insane

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

beaker

TRIBE Member
yeah, assuming he knows nothing about setting this up, that is insane. it's not rocket science, but that's a lot of microphones feeding one output and you will need someone who knows what they are doing.