• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Condo chaos

zerOGda2nd

TRIBE Member
This may have been discussed already, but I can’t believe the amount of condos going up on Queen St West. It’s like a huge wall jam-packed in front of the lake. Plus I can’t believe they can fill all of them, this must fuck up the Toronto condo market. I think even Liberty Village is still not filled up

chooch

TRIBE Member
queen east too, son, right up to river and over the bridge. it is a condo fest.

Last edited:

djfear

TRIBE Member
queen east too, son, right up to river and over the bridge. it is a condo fest.
Transit is fucked and will be fucked for many years to come.
Traffic is fucked and will be even more fucked for many years to come.
Time is precious, hence... condos.

Re: queen east & river, it's River City and it's a massive project for the Pan Am games and you have multiple phases for multiple years. That entire area will be built up to the Distillery District and will be vastly different in the next 2 years. It already has been since 2010.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

acheron

TRIBE Member
I was responding to the original post...

"but I can’t believe the amount of condos going up on Queen St West. It’s like a huge wall jam-packed in front of the lake."

zerOGda2nd

TRIBE Member
I was responding to the original post...

"but I can’t believe the amount of condos going up on Queen St West. It’s like a huge wall jam-packed in front of the lake."
I am talking about the ones built/going up on Queen St West (for example near Queen W. and Dufferin) and South of Queen St. over.

Then the development goes south east to Liberty Village south of King

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
about lib village: once 100% of the condos are finished and occupied, people are going to have a hell of a time getting in and out of the two streets that connect it to the outside world. I would also like to see lib village get even one recycling bin.

praktik

TRIBE Member
I lived next to Lib Village and will never live there down at the "bottom" of Toronto ever again.

Too congested with no real way to avoid a lengthy transit commute.

Better to visit than to live there...;)

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
And transit access is abysmal. The 504 is overloaded. And what a large swath of King between Strachan and Atlantic with a nary a pedestrian bridge in sight! Whack planning.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

praktik

TRIBE Member
I know! Why don't we extend another North-South highway, down spadina or bathurst maybe (for sake of argument), to help alleviate the congestion problems in Liberty Village..

Has that been tried yet??

Snuffy

TRIBE Member
Well, at least it isn't sprawl. Perhaps it'll get so congested they'll eventually be forced to do something that makes sense for a change.

Hal-9000

TRIBE Member
Living around LV, relying on the streetcar for the first time, and being surrounded by cranes in every direction has me thinking we're fucked if something isn't done.