• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

CONAN O'BRIEN stint in TO

Temper Tantrum

TRIBE Member
I am primarily ashamed of the fact that i'm so excited about seeing Conan in person that i tossed in bed for three hours and now its 3:30 am and i've been lying awake acting all 'it's christmas eve and santa's bringing me a convertible'ish...thinking bout it. I skipped the high-pitched groupie screams of teenage girls at that stage of teenybopperem. Yet, in my 20's i'm allowed to react like it's new kids on the block and i'm 13, convinved i'm going to marry joey (teenbeat said he was romantic and loved redheads :p ), the point is Conan is my version of NKOTB. Primarily, he's one of the top contemporary comedians of our time, in paradox to what would seem to be our elevated tastes (example A= him), rather then the barrage of reality tv shows everyone (myself included) is addicted to (Examble B= reality tv :p antithesis of him). Conan is the living embodiment of all the deprecating, embarassing, bitchy, critique-e (a word i've coined to represent 'a critique' in adjective form :p ), insightful, offensive, true parts of all the various trashy TV everyone honest or denying loves in some part of them. He used to write on The Simpsons (Hello? Monorail? One of the best classic episodes ever written). The 'in the year 2000' skits with andy . The expression "FOR ME TO POOP ON!". For convicing 90 percent of the media and his fans that he went to harvard, when he turned them down. Tall, gawky, awkward, pale, red head, alcholic- he's proud of his celtic heritage!

But mostly for thinking Canadian audiences are far more expressive, responsive, intelligent and less-fat then the American ones :p (re: something quoted in recent interview).

Did anyone else snag tickets? have any idea who's planned to appear in the 4 day stint? Love him? Hatehim? Opinion on the show's 2nd roadtrip in 11 years is to Toronto, the first being LA?

I hope I get an autograph :D!!

~allie

Gunark

TRIBE Member
I will pay good money for tickets.

Or alternatively, who wants to go stand outside?

My brother says he saw Conan O'Brien on U of T campus a few months ago. Apparently he was looking at doing the show at Convocation hall (or Congregation hall or Conversation hall or whatever it's called).

Gunark

TRIBE Member
P.S. I think he really did go to harvard.

But he does lie a lot about his childhood. He grew up rich.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
I would have liked to have gone... no biggie though.
I've been in the audience at a taping in NYC before.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Gunark
I will pay good money for tickets.

Or alternatively, who wants to go stand outside?

If you want to wait, I will come with you.
I am willing to do MANY things for tickets.
Including wait outside.

Conan is god. Like Bill Murray is god.

jockey slut

TRIBE Member
the last time i checked...

conan still isnt playing any techno

so

im not going anywhere near him

and, i really dont get it. for a very long time now, i have realized i am getting less and less excited about mass media, in any shape or form, whether it may be something that the demographic i belong to enjoys, or it has a more eclectic vareity/feel to it, so less people enjoy it, which also seems to be a growing trend with the communities that would watch this program.

hes really NOT that funny

andy was better

in the last 4 years, the quality of late night tv has died

i havent watched tv in general for maybe 6 years, 7 years, on a regular basis, there is literally nothing on

the simpsons [ questionable quality ], and discovery channel are usually the only potentially viewable broadcasts, and thats questionable depending upon the episode, and/or whats on the LIFE netwerk, or discovery, i dont even know....

when Conan is competing with Jimmy Kimmel ( fucking retard )
dave letterman ( should have retired )
fucking THE CHIN [ i hate that guy, i cant even remember his name.... LENO!!! i fucking hate that guy ]
and whos the other guy that wishes he was conan, on after conan or dave, fuck if i know....

there is no contest.
yet it disturbs me, when i thought most of the people on this board, would have maybe not been as excited as the rest of the common day populace that fall prey to this zealot like obsession with seeing a tall irish guy try and save his career

meah, like i said up there, he isnt playing techno so why would i care....

it just saddens me, that someone could be restless and like excited about someones TV show, that for all intensive purposes, is just making sure that everyone in north america is glued to their TV's to see whats going to happen in toronto

NOTHING thats not happened B4

like fuck, come on, WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE not LIKE the OTHERS, stop FUCKING perpetuating this crap in canada

CANT YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENED TO THE STATES.

bah

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
i would have loved to have seen conan in toronto.

unfortunately, i will be in jamaica when conan is in toronto.

life can be so unfair sometimes.

ps. i heard he also faked the fact that he used to be a barbarian.

smack

TRIBE Member
He's only coming here cause the governments paying him a big chunk of money.

However, I do think he's one of the funniest guys on television. The best is when he's interviewing beautiful women and he plays "the looser".

feisty boy

TRIBE Member
i thought the email ticket lottery was a waste of time. but i sent one for the hell of it.

and i got tickets.

but they even sent more tickets than there are seats - so i STILL have to go wait outside.

dora

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MoFo
If you want to wait, I will come with you.
I am willing to do MANY things for tickets.
Including wait outside.

Conan is god. Like Bill Murray is god.

hmmmm....Bill Murray...yummy