• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Conan O`Brien coming to T.O

dabeats

TRIBE Member
I don`t know if anyone has posted this yet...

Fri, December 5, 2003

Conan sets T.O. nights
By BILL BRIOUX, TORONTO SUN

Conan O'Brien is indeed coming to Canada. A tentative deal has been reached to bring NBC's Late Night With Conan O'Brien to Toronto for four days of taping, Feb. 7-10.

The early February sweeps date works best for everybody, says Canada's Walk Of Fame founder Peter Soumalias, the driving force behind the event.

"Everyone from NBC's side -- from Conan, Lorne Michaels, (executive producer) Jeff Ross and everyone at the network level -- has been outstanding," Soumalias said yesterday. "We couldn't ask for more co-operation."

The venue for the event appears to be the historic Elgin Theatre, across Yonge St from the Eaton Centre. Originally a vaudeville house, the 90-year-old facility seats more than 2,000.

On Nov. 6 The Sun was first to report that O'Brien's people were interested in shooting a week's worth of shows in Toronto. Five days later, The Sun spotted O'Brien himself scouting venues with executive producer Ross.

O'Brien has been tentatively booked to return to Toronto for a Dec. 15 press conference.

Big Cheese

TRIBE Member
YAY YA

:D

this i want to be @, fo shizzy :^)

read about this in time 'er something 'er other and i was waiting until i heard about it in the canadian media, read it in the sun, haven't heard since...

heard on the morning show on 102.1 today

confirmed on tribe.... :)

we really ought to get a bunch of us together and get tix for this

'G

kmac

TRIBE Member
Oh man, I NEED to go to this but figure tickets will be hard to come by. People who know people will probably snag them all.

CLUSTER

TRIBE Member
I can get tickets for everyone, me and Connan go way back....

I just wanted to get Malglo in a tent alone with me thats all... :p