• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Conan in T.O. tonight!!!

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Well, all the hoopla reaches it's climax tonight thru Friday...

What time do they actually do the taping at? 8pm? 9pm?

Did anyone here get lucky with the email lottery draw?

Will Ed the Sock somehow make his way onto the show?

[linda richmond] tawk amongst yourselves [linda richmond]

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

defazman

TRIBE Member
I'll be leaving work early starting tomorrow so I can watch it on StarTV at 5:00. I can't even stay awake until 12:30 on the weekends.

new to t.o.

TRIBE Member
My e-mail says they're taping from 4:30 - 5:30 p.m. My tickets are for tomorrow and I'm still wondering what time to go down to line up, considering "you're not guaranteed admission with the ticket".

vench

TRIBE Promoter
I was listening to the Edge and Q this morning and they were saying that people were already lining up to get in (this was around 9:30am)

not sure if these people had tickets or not... but I think that's a bit much.

but then again... I've never really been into late night talk shows.

vench

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
I don't think many of the tickets guarantee entrance, hence the reason people are trying to be first in line.

Indications were that they had given out way more tickets than seats in the theatre.

Jonesy

TRIBE Member
I was listening to CFNY this morning too (Sorry, I can't call it The Edge), and most of the people who were in line this morning had been there for quite some time and were hoping to snag 'stand-by' tickets. Some of those suckers were in line from midnight the night before. ha!

Cri

TRIBE Member
ya I was listening too..

TOdd doing some interviews with the people in line.

*shudder* I could never stand in line for that long..I'd go craaaaaaazy!

feisty boy

TRIBE Member
i've got tix for tomorrow, but i still don't know if i can pick up my tickets beforehand... anyone?

and no way i'm standing in line for 8 hours - it's just a late night show, as novel and fun as it might end up being.

smack

TRIBE Member
He's been ALL over the Toronto media. There's a couple articles in The Star, he was on Much Music, he was on Canada AM this morning. Its crazy. Its like Toronto's never had an american celebrity. Buts its great at the same time. He's truly one of the funniest guys on Television.

Poot

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by daddyiwantchocolate
I don't think many of the tickets guarantee entrance, hence the reason people are trying to be first in line.

Indications were that they had given out way more tickets than seats in the theatre.

Doesn't this defeat the whole point of tickets?

That's poor. Who has all day to stand in line??

*adds up hours spent on tribe today*

But seriously?

Liquidity

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MC Bias
Will Ed the Sock somehow make his way onto the show?

apprently not. there was an article about it in today's star. its pretty obvious that triumph is a ripoff of ed (albeit, a pretty good one)...

Casper

TRIBE Member
how is it obvious? i don't even think Triumph would poop on Ed the Sock. Triumph is pure jokes but Ed is far from funny, bordering annoying,
peace

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
thief. warrior. gladiator. king. barbarian. cimerian. destroyer. comedian?

In the time when the oceans drank Atlantis, and the rise of the sons of Aryus, there was an age undreamed of ... and unto this, came Conan, destined to wear the jeweled crown of Aquilonia upon his troubled brow. It is I, his chronicler, who alone can tell thee of his saga. Let me tell you of the days of high adventure!

ps. if ed the sock was on conan, it would embarass toronto. and lord knows, we do NOT want to be embarrassed in front of the americans. we may hate them, but we still cannot help but crave their constant approval.

billy

TRIBE Member
I have tickets, or the "letter" rather for tomorrow as well. The people lining up early were probably just for the stand by's, even though those with on-hold tickets do have to be in line by 3:15. I don't see much luck getting a stand by as already mentioned, there are more tickets issued than seats so you would have to have a lot of ppl not show up to even have a chance.

for those going tomorrow the guests are michael j. fox and nickelback if you didn't know.

silver1

TRIBE Member
One thing I just pondered to myself.

We're gonna give a couple of million American viewers two of the biggest collective "WTF?'s" in history.

1st: When Stompin' Tom is introduced and goes into "The Hockey Song". There's going to be a "WhoTF is this dude and WTF is this Hockey Song?

2nd: a HUGE MAJOR WTF?!?!?! when the entire crowd sings the chorus along with him.

I think they just aren't going to get it at all.

It should be awesome. :D

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Temper Tantrum
There's an article in this morning's star on ed the sock versus triumph.

kinda funny.

note the word: 'kinda'

~allie~

Ed is more politically minded...he goes on dennis miller style rants that are usually thought out and in essay form...with that said he can't hold a candle to Robert Smigel's comic genuis...responsible for the BEST work on SNL in the last 10 years...name me 5 skits and he most likely did them...plus nothing beats TRIUMPH!

"HEY...david alan greir!...tell me about your new show that will be off the air in 3 months?"

"hey it's USHER...hey USHER...man you are BIG, really big...than again so was SEAL for awhile there!"

:D

feisty boy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by billy
I have tickets, or the "letter" rather for tomorrow as well. The people lining up early were probably just for the stand by's, even though those with on-hold tickets do have to be in line by 3:15. I don't see much luck getting a stand by as already mentioned, there are more tickets issued than seats so you would have to have a lot of ppl not show up to even have a chance.

for those going tomorrow the guests are michael j. fox and nickelback if you didn't know.

bad news. i went by today, since i have the letter for tomorrow too. the conan staff member at the box office said all the people in line have the email letter, and i asked how many more emails they sent per show than seats in the house - he said 'probably a few hundred'. he told me i'd need to line up well before noon to be 'guaranteed' getting a seat for the show. and that's WITH the email 'ticket'

i don't think i have the need to stand in the snow for 6 hours to see conan. especially if the guests are nickelback and michael j. fox.

Liquidity

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Casper
how is it obvious? i don't even think Triumph would poop on Ed the Sock. Triumph is pure jokes but Ed is far from funny, bordering annoying,
peace

sure, i like triumph more than ed, too. but you can't deny his origins!

both are surly/angry/jokesters, both have rough voices, both are terrible looking sock puppets, and both smoke cigars...

zoo

TRIBE Member
oooh i'm excited to watch conan this week

i catch his show once inawhile, it's second only to Jon Steward's Daily show, but there isn't much on tv that can beat that show

Conan is easily the best out of the "big 4 + 1.5", the +1 being jimmy kimmel, the +0.5 being mike bullard ...

zoo

TRIBE Member
ed the sock >>> triumph

triumph is funny, but ed is insanely awesome

i don't think introducing him to the greater american public would win them over though, they would probably see him as a "triumph rip off", even though just the opposite is true ...