• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Computer Trouble, last resort.

Karim

TRIBE Member
My computer is seriously messed up, and I musta spent the last 5-10 days just trying to get it back on its feet.

I've tried various, various virus programs.

McAffee
Norton
Panda
AVG
AdAware (although not virus,I thought it'd help)
etc.

I tried reinstalling the operating system for some stability, then rescanned and eliminated all the virii. I thought i was cool, but then my computer died on me again.

I'm in Safe mode right now and I can't do shit.

I finally decided to format. So I made the 6 boot disks. But when I pop disk 1 into the computer and hit restart, it says "I/O error".

I don't know what to do, and all the formatting articles online talk about how to format with the boot disks. Now that I can't even use the bootdisks, I am lost.

Does anybody know how to format without bootdisks, without the system restore cd?

I only have the Windows Installation CD and nothing else. Can it be done?

Thank you so much

:mad: <---- Frustrated
Karim

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
have you recently installed new hardware?

if so, take it out and try using your pc...conflict maybe?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

fleaflo

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Computer Trouble, last resort.

Originally posted by Karim
That's exactly where I got the failed bootdisks from (Windows XP Home SP1 by the way).:(
Karim
I thought that XP booted from the CD. If you are using a bootleg copy of XP you are kerfukkered. but if you can get a hold of a real copy of XP, you can at least get the boot process started and then you can pop in your cd once everything gets a rollin.

Karim

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Computer Trouble, last resort.

Originally posted by fleaflo
I thought that XP booted from the CD. If you are using a bootleg copy of XP you are kerfukkered. but if you can get a hold of a real copy of XP, you can at least get the boot process started and then you can pop in your cd once everything gets a rollin.
I have the installation disk I got with Dell.

Should I change the bios to boot from CD and see what options it gives me?

Lemme give her a try.

-Karim

gollum

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Karim
Does anybody know how to format without bootdisks, without the system restore cd?

I only have the Windows Installation CD and nothing else. Can it be done?

Thank you so much

:mad: <---- Frustrated
Karim
How old is your computer?

Any time I've ever received the I/O error it was because the harddrive was failing, had failed or was about to fail.

You might need to buy a new harddrive.

fleaflo

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Computer Trouble, last resort.

Originally posted by gollum
Any time I've ever received the I/O error it was because the harddrive was failing, had failed or was about to fail.

Ya, what was the problem in the first place?

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Computer Trouble, last resort.

Originally posted by gollum
How old is your computer?

(Doesn't sound like a software problem to me either. You should have already been fine at the os install most likely)

Was this a name brand, or was it built by somebody?

(onboard controllers for ide can go)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories