• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Computer Help Please!

scruffy1

TRIBE Member
I'm trying to install a firewire card that I bought and it requires 1394.inf, 1394.cat and 1394bus.sys and I don't have my Windows 98SE CD around and I can't find the damn files on the net.

I'm hoping that someone can post the three here for me so that I can install this.

Thanks.

scruffy1

TRIBE Member
thank you....

i still need the 1394.cat file and if anyone can help me with that i would VERY much appreciate it

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

deep

TRIBE Member
uh, does windows 98 even have firewire support?

just putting the files on your system might not make it work...your operating system needs to support stuff like that in the way its put together

search for windows 98 and firewire support, see if it is actually supported - there might be a workaround to get firewire components to work under it, or there may not be

but the operating system came out long before firewire did, and support for the os stopped a while back I believe, so it may not have an update

scruffy1

TRIBE Member
windows 98se supports firewire

although you're right in that finding the file anywhere is proving rather difficult. the real problem is that i can't find my damn windows cd.

hopefully someone out there has their windows 98se cd and can get that 1394.cat file off it for me.

labRat

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by scruffy1
the real problem is that i can't find my damn windows cd.
sure .... we all have that problem.

just upgrade to 2000 or xp.

or buy a mac. they've had firewire built in since 1987.

deep

TRIBE Member
did you try just searching for the file name i.e. 1394.cat windows 98

?

sometimes people put up pages with just .dll files and what not in the case that someone might need them

scruffy1

TRIBE Member
i've searched google and nothing

and yes, i would like a mac.... i'd also like $7000 :)

does ANYONE have this damn file?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders