1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

computer help needed- URGENT

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by windowlicker, Sep 1, 2003.

1. windowlicker

windowlicker TRIBE Member

My friend the idiot was fiddling with the resolution on one of his computers- he changed it from 16 to 32 bit knowing that the monitor can't cope with it- all of a sudden the screen went blank.

We've tried switching monitors of computers but it won't work- he has a project due day after tomorrow and hasn't slept in days (I'm helping him) now we're both shitting our pants.

HELP!

2. Soundstream

Soundstream TRIBE Member

Reboot and before Windows starts-up, press the F8 key and you will be presented with a boot menu. Choose "Boot in VGA mode", and then hit Enter. Your computer will boot at the lowest resolution possible. Login, then right click on the desktop and select "Properties". Then change the resolution to something that you know that works.

I think that is what you can do. If for some reason you can't seem to change the video mode when in VGA mode, then just leave it in VGA mode and edit the document(s) there. It won't look pretty, but at least you can type.

Cheers ... Ian :)

3. windowlicker

windowlicker TRIBE Member

thanks a lot- I took off shortly after I posted that but my friend said he followed your advice and things are back on track :)

4. ALEKSANDRA

ALEKSANDRA TRIBE Member

Smash it with a hammer!!!!!!!!!!!

lol