• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

COmputer *hard*ware question inside

TRO

TRIBE Member
ok...

so I bought a 30 gigobite hard to the drive...and I don't know if it fits in my computer..IE I don't hyave the HD yet and I don't want to open my computer up without knowing the size of the drive and dimensions...

so someone seggested a hard case for the HD...so I can transfer it around and stuff...i thought this would be a wicked Idea...but alas my net savy skills in searching for such a peripheral has come up empty handed...

anyone know how much they are..where i can get them..what sort of attachment does it require external IDE (if there is such a thing USB firewire??

alt.tribe.help

-Bill

TRO

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by basic
1.Fix your keyboard

2. Why don't you want to open the computer up?

3. Profit!
1.why? it's just a lil sticky;)

2. I'm afiraid I'll break it..

3. I'm CRAZY STICKY KEYBOARD GUY....NOW GIVE ME SOME CANDY!!!

-Bill

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

TRO

TRIBE Member
installing it..plus I don't know if Ihave a spare slot for it..do most machines come with space for a second hard-drive?

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
I don't know how you'd break it installing it.

As far as physical room it depends on what you already have in your box. It should be fine though.

Just hook it up to the second IDE slot on the MoBo then set the jumpers and you're good to go.

TRO

TRIBE Member
ok well I get it this friday so..I'll try..

(vito corleone) But I'm a superstitious man. And if some unlucky accident should befall my computer - If it should get shot in the head by a police officer, or if he should hang itself in his jail cell - or if it's struck by a bolt of lightning, then I'm going to blame some of the people in this room, and that I do not forgive.
:)
(/vito coleone)

-Bill

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories