• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

**computer Disks**

PolishPrincess

TRIBE Member
I am going through all my junk and i found a box of "floppy disks".

-Microsoft MS DOS 6
-PC DOS 6.1 4 disks together...

some are blank with no description on them.

my question...DO I NEED THESE? they are old...probly from a computer we had in about 1996......

if i havent needed them yet....do you think i will?

my last question.....IF ANYONE HAS A USE FOR THESE DISKS JUST PM ME....I WILL GIVE THEM AWAY FREE.....(dammit..should i be putting this in the BUY AND SELL? i dont think so right?)

im sure some of you have a use for them?
if not i will be throwing them in the trash...unless someone tells me i need them.
Thanks....can u tell i dont know much about this sort of stuff!!

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

HotSauce

TRIBE Member
DOS 6.1!!!! :eek:

Damn girl, did you get a pre-release or something?
I've been waiting for that shit to come out for ages now!!!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

HotSauce

TRIBE Member
That's the OS that includes DoubleSpace disk compression.
I'd love to get that, but I'm afraid my computer isn't fast enough for that system...

System requirements: MS-DOS 2.11 or later, OS/2, or an operating system compatible with MS-DOS 2.11 or later. Personal computer with 8088 or higher processor. 512K of RAM.

Damn

PolishPrincess

TRIBE Member
i know DOS mode is old crap....but what about stuff like

Microsoft Windows for workgroups (operating system)

how the hell am i supposed to know.
they are of no use to me....so basically im asking...if anyone wants them to let me know.........some people still use old computers im sure....:(

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by PolishPrincess
i know DOS mode is old crap....but what about stuff like

Microsoft Windows for workgroups (operating system)

how the hell am i supposed to know.
they are of no use to me....so basically im asking...if anyone wants them to let me know.........some people still use old computers im sure....:(

In all honesty you casn just pitch it. Pretty much everything released after 1995 was on cd. Anything previous to 1995 is only of interest in humour or in rare cases as museum peaces.

I'd suggest a garbage bag to be honest.

HotSauce

TRIBE Member
oldcomp.jpg

homer-drool.gif

PolishPrincess

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Ditto Much
In all honesty you casn just pitch it. Pretty much everything released after 1995 was on cd. Anything previous to 1995 is only of interest in humour or in rare cases as museum peaces.

I'd suggest a garbage bag to be honest.

That's all i needed to know.

Although all the other comments made me laugh....thanks for the replies everyone!

i'm sure the thread made me look like an idiot....i was almost sure i wouldnt need this stuff....but like i said....i was just trying to be nice and give away my junk

Thank you Ditto Much!!

Dialog

TRIBE Member
HotSauce - good lord is that one of the few ps/2 clones tandy made - MicroChannel architecture -dude, that's so l337