• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

computer audio help needed - streaming distortion!!!!

sauce

TRIBE Member
I just got a new computer from a buddy and i'm having some issues with some streams distorting. It only happens on certain streams and videos.

I'm using a Native Instruments Audio 2 DJ soundcard. It's a Intel Core 2 Duo CPU and has 4gb of ram and it's running Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. Not sure what other info you may need.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Blysspluss

TRIBE Member
Windows XP Tuning Tips for Audio Processing

Some of these still apply.

Often it's drivers...disabling my NIC and Wifi card in the dell machine I use for shows made huge improvements.

Also changing latency in the setting for the card can help.

And yes...it does happen with certain streams even after disabling this and that...for non DJing, I use an asus xonar card. Better sound quality and overall nicer for day to day use. Not helpful if yer using a laptop, though.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Ya I have a two soundcard solution too: one for "general purpose" and then a separate one for more serious recording.

I find the professional solutions act a bit wonky on the consumer level applications - sometimes in games for instance I've noticed stuff and all that went away when I started using my creative labs USB solution (good sound too!) for general purpose and my m-audio firewire for dj set recording...

sauce

TRIBE Member
Windows XP Tuning Tips for Audio Processing

Some of these still apply.

Often it's drivers...disabling my NIC and Wifi card in the dell machine I use for shows made huge improvements.

Also changing latency in the setting for the card can help.

And yes...it does happen with certain streams even after disabling this and that...for non DJing, I use an asus xonar card. Better sound quality and overall nicer for day to day use. Not helpful if yer using a laptop, though.
Rookie latency setting issue. It's been a while since i've had to configure this stuff. Thanks for the help guys!!!