• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Computer Animated movies in 2006

djfear

TRIBE Member
The lineup:
-----------

2006-01-13 - Hoodwinked
2006-02-24 - Doogal
2006-03-31 - Ice Age: The Meltdown
2006-04-14 - The Wild
2006-05-19 - Over the Hedge
2006-06-09 - Cars
2006-07-21 - Monster House
2006-08-04 - The Ant Bully
2006-09-29 - Open Season
2006-10-06 - Barnyard
2006-11-03 - Flushed Away (Formerly "Ratrapolis")
2006-11-17 - Happy Feet
2006-12-16 - Meet the Robinsons

Thirteen computer animated movies in one year. Not to mention Chicken Little which opened in December. So we're getting to one computer animated movie a month.

[RANT]
Also, what's with studios pulling this crap?

Antz vs A Bugs Life (premise: story about ants)
Jimmy Neutron vs Chicken Little vs Meet the Robinsons (premise: story about boy inventor)
Madagascar vs The Wild (premise: story about a bunch of retarded domesticated animals finding out they're actually wild)(I mean come on, they're the same fucking movies!!!):mad: And when will things like this end? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Although I suppose this has always been the case in Disney films (i.e. beautiful princess saved by a prince).
[/RANT]

Now the question: Do you think regular animated movies are the thing of the past (not including japanese anime.)? It seems like there aren't any coming out anymore. Also, feel free to use this thread to talk about any of these upcoming movies. (I used tribute.ca to gather information)

acheron

TRIBE Member
well, why would you make a 'classically animated' movie when you can do the same thing digitally? If the studios wanted to make an digitally animated film that looked like it was done by hand, they could. Witness South Park.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
all the non-pixar ones (with the exception of ANTZ and SHREK) have been crap. everyone's trying to jump on their bandwagon (TOY STORY, THE INCREDIBLES, MONSTER'S INC., FINDING NEMO) and the result is shitty movies like MADAGASCAR and CHICKEN LITTLE.

i really hope pixar's next flick - CARS - will be good, but the previews look like a pile of redneck nascar shit.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KiFe

TRIBE Member
djfear said:
[RANT]
Also, what's with studios pulling this crap?

Antz vs A Bugs Life (premise: story about ants)
Jimmy Neutron vs Chicken Little vs Meet the Robinsons (premise: story about boy inventor)
Madagascar vs The Wild (premise: story about a bunch of retarded domesticated animals finding out they're actually wild)(I mean come on, they're the same fucking movies!!!):mad: And when will things like this end? :confused: :confused: :confused:
"In 1994, one of Eisner's closest advisors, Disney Company President Frank Wells, died in a helicopter accident, a grave blow to the Company. When Eisner passed over studio chief Jeffrey Katzenberg for promotion to the presidency of the parent company, Katzenberg resigned, and a private feud between Eisner and Katzenberg eventually erupted in a very public lawsuit, costly to the Company in both money and negative publicity. "

Katz went on to devellop Dreamworks SKG (he's the K in skg) the dawn of competition using movies of similar genre/content was born. Ever since, the two studios have been stabbing at each other, back and forth, like a couple of school children trying to show the world that they can do the same thing better.

Now shut the fuck up and go buy a movie ticket for the wild.

d.code

TRIBE Member
The Hedge does look like it could be good.

It nice to see that there are more 3d movies coming out these days. I just hope that some day a animation house will start pumping out some decent adult oriented stuff (and im not talking about that piece of shit Final Fantasy movie).

These movies cost so much to make.

Unless you out source to Korea or something.

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
the movie still needs good writing. which many of these often lack. they need to be good movies beyond new rendering gimicks.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders