• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Component Video vs. S Video

Tearer

TRIBE Member
So we got a 32" Sony Wega and I invested an extra C note in component video cable for the DVD player and some monster audio wire to go into my receiver.

Did I just waste money or would S video wiring have sufficed? I think the salesguy at Future Shop might have taken me for a ride. And nope, the Sony isn't HDTV.

The DVD we played tonight did look pretty sweet though....

I was using the old composite video before and it does *definitely* beat that out...

joey

TRIBE Member
I bought my tv and they guy tried to sell me S-Video cabnle and i said no. About a month later I bought it (I also bought some audio cable made by the same company)and the picture quality (and sound) improved by leaps and bounds. It really was incredible.

~atp~

TRIBE Member
btw, don't waste your time getting a low-grade component video...spend the $150 or so on a GOOD component cable...the difference is surprisingly significant... :)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by joey
S-Video cabnle and i said no. About a month later I bought it (I also bought some audio cable made by the same company)and the picture quality (and sound) improved by leaps and bounds.
S-Video cables only carry video.

Stan

TRIBE Member
Monster cables are a fucking rip-off. You would have been better off going for the regular cables.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Originally posted by joey
did you actually read what I said?
Spence has a problem with parentheses.

(See, he can't read this, which is great because I can call him a dork and all sorts of things and he won't even know)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders