• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

company perks.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
I love my job.

Just got handed the 3rd pair of skate shoes they've given me since starting here a couple years ago. Tshirts, games and hoodies are commonly handed out aswell.


Getting expensive skate gear at the low low price of zero is a treat.
The only thing better is riding this thing around the production floor, without a care in the world.
runt-bike-red.jpg



What kinda perks can you get?
Maybe we should start some kind of employee-perk bardering system.
I can get you games for cheap, what can you get me? :D
 
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
KiFe said:
I love my job.

Just got handed the 3rd pair of skate shoes they've given me since starting here a couple years ago. Tshirts, games and hoodies are commonly handed out aswell.


Getting expensive skate gear at the low low price of zero is a treat.
The only thing better is riding this thing around the production floor, without a care in the world.
runt-bike-red.jpg



What kinda perks can you get?
Maybe we should start some kind of employee-perk bardering system.
I can get you games for cheap, what can you get me? :D



day job: stock. bonuses. benefits. nothing out of the ordinary.

night/weekend job: free concerts and clubs all over the world usually without line ups and frequently VIP/All access. free booze. free hotel rooms and trips here and there. and if i didnt' have a girlfreind, hot sluts on the regular.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Joe Seven

TRIBE Member
Me lucky. I get to go out for meals and drink a lot, I can take free cabs, I can drink at work, leafs & raps tickets, get to expense a lot of things, and the odd bonus. Another perk is that I quite like what I do. :) Having said that, I would trade at least one or two of those things for free on-site massage therapy.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KiX

TRIBE Member
Fairie said:
on-site massage therapist

nice, what's the deal with this? are there limits to how much you can get? it's completely free for you? i'm curious about the details (i'm an rmt and was wondering how companies work this kind of arrangement)
 

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
KiX said:
nice, what's the deal with this? are there limits to how much you can get? it's completely free for you? i'm curious about the details (i'm an rmt and was wondering how companies work this kind of arrangement)

i don't have it on my site.

my moms office has an on-site RMT come into the office once a month. they pay, and send it into benefits if they choose to get a massage. basically when it's break time - they get a massage.

i think it's awesome that some companies do this, you don't lose travel time or off work time, and the RMT has guarenteed clients for the day.
 

mariazmess

TRIBE Member
i would kill for on-site massage!!
my perks are my pay and vacays. the odd trip to Thunder Bay or Ottawa or Windsor... nothing fancy, a flight and a hotel room and work.

:( i wanna ride on an itty bitty bike all day.
 

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
mariazmess said:
i would kill for on-site massage!!
my perks are my pay and vacays. the odd trip to Thunder Bay or Ottawa or Windsor... nothing fancy, a flight and a hotel room and work.

:( i wanna ride on an itty bitty bike all day.

my mom works for the Gov. too, get it started!
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

spaboy

TRIBE Member
On site massage is quite common with companies that focus on employee wellness. I just don't see the point of getting a massage & then hopping right back into my office. Kinda defeats the purpose.
 

skyparty

TRIBE Member
i had more perks at my last job.

this one is crap.

free hair cuts
pay only for the price of color.

that's it! no sales bonus, no free shit, not discounts, nothing!!

i can't wait to get out of university... come on real job...!!!
 

LeoGirl

TRIBE Member
a year supply of contact lenses for $24. (the $24 goes to charity - Dog Guides of Canada)
1 x a year company store orders at cost.
 

JLV

TRIBE Member
KiFe said:
I love my job.

Just got handed the 3rd pair of skate shoes they've given me since starting here a couple years ago. Tshirts, games and hoodies are commonly handed out aswell.


Getting expensive skate gear at the low low price of zero is a treat.


ok, I want your job. what is it that you do (if you don't mind me asking)?
 

JLV

TRIBE Member
Joe Seven said:
Me lucky. I get to go out for meals and drink a lot, I can take free cabs, I can drink at work, leafs & raps tickets, get to expense a lot of things, and the odd bonus. Another perk is that I quite like what I do. :) Having said that, I would trade at least one or two of those things for free on-site massage therapy.

I'd say I want your job too, but since we're getting married, I'm sure that I'll be able to enjoy some of these perks once and a while ;)
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

DarkNemesis

TRIBE Member
the latest thing my company is givng us is a concert at the ACC.
Acts are TBA as its a surprise.

last time they threw a concert it was Barenaked ladies, aerosmith and the hip.

Rumour has it to be U2 and Van Halen this year.
 

Fairie

TRIBE Member
KiX said:
nice, what's the deal with this? are there limits to how much you can get? it's completely free for you? i'm curious about the details (i'm an rmt and was wondering how companies work this kind of arrangement)


We have someone that comes in once a week. She has her own permanent room in a quiet part of the office. You can book anytime between 8:30 and 6:00.

Her services are fully covered by our benefits, but you do have to submit a claim.

We also have a day once a year when several people come in and give massages for free. Last year we had thai yoga massage along with a couple of other kinds (can't remember).
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top