• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

compact flash card readers

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Do they make anything really fast that can be installed in a system (ie: like a DVD/CD rom Drive or floppy drive)? Or are they all connected via cables...?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

futronic

TRIBE Member
If you have a laptop, you can get CompactFlash adapters that fit in a PCMCIA slot. Otherwise, I've yet to see a non-tethered CompactFlash solution.

-- Jay aka Fut

futronic

TRIBE Member
I have seen IDE CompactFlash adapters, but none that have casing, etc, that would act similar to a floppy with access that doesn't require you to peel open your case.

-- Jay aka Fut

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I want to peel open my case! I want to install something that is built into the machine, thus just having to plug the CF card into the front of the computer to read it...

Something that connects internally to the PCI bus or ultrawide scsi card would rock.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

labRat

TRIBE Member
i think the speed bottleneck comes from the cards themselves.

edit: there are 'fast' cards out there, but even those are only 5-6MB/s.

Last edited:

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
found something

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicati...tails.asp?EdpNo=578352&Sku=U10-8202&CatId=942

U10-8202-callout.jpg

futronic

TRIBE Member
That'll work, Alex.

When I stated "reaching inside," I meant to plug in CF cards into the reader, not the actual installation of the device.

-- Jay aka Fut