• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

communicate boxing day b2b spectacular

vinder

TRIBE Member
funny how it's always element and always on a night that i'm not expecting to go out or have fun that i have the best times. after being persuaded by lazy linzee to come down to watch her play, we headed down to smellement for around 11ish only to discover that it was 2.50 drinks before midnight. needless to say, we got the night started off proper. finally started dancing when lins dropped my fav tune of the moment, and i don't care if it is cheese and if it is on the radio 20 times a day, that dutch/crystal waters tune (feeling fine?). so good! such a bouncy tune, always gets me rocking in the car, and now on teh dancefloor! for the next hour or so she threw down some stompers, and got the upstairs of smellement rocking.

after taking a breather, i decided to venture into the BASSment, only to witness timmy "4 apples high" and myka unleashing an audio assault the likes of which i have not heard in a while. some mean and dirty techhouse (think jackin house with less diva and more rolling percussion, and of course, more BASS, BASS, BASS, BASS....) ripping through that sweet soundsystem down there, with myka giving the crowd lightshows with the light on the mixer (he's raving too). the crowd was just eating it up, hands in the air, screaming and dancing.

this is how it's supposed to be. no laser lighshows, just a dark room, a kickass system, solid crowd, and some dirty, dirty music. i always said element is my favourite small venue in the city. and nights like last night remind me why.

LadyLinzee

TRIBE Member
This was definately one of the better nights at element in a while. Althought it wasnt too packed, the music was awesome both upstairs with Lady Linzee and downstairs with Timmy and Myka. But what made the night so memorable was the vibe..... hasnt been like that in while. Everyone was happy and having a good time. Like one big family!

Hopefully nights like these will be more frequent!

Sweet_e

duggystyler

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by LadyLinzee
...the music was awesome both upstairs with Lady Linzee...
i always think the music is awesome when i spin too ;) but i'm usally the only one who thinks so, cuz i'm usually the only one there to hear it :(

Smiley Jo

TRIBE Member
Friday was a kick ass time for sure. :D :D
I could go on about everything that was spectacular but I "rave" about Fridays nights at Element so much that people are gonna think I have shares or something... :p

Linzee was absolutely super - got everyone in the right mood! Tim and Myka tore it up with some harder, dirty beatz - proving once again that they OWN the downstairs.

this is how it's supposed to be. no laser lighshows, just a dark room, a kickass system, solid crowd, and some dirty, dirty music.

I swore Myka brought a F*@#in' laser... are you sure? LOL

SJ
beam2.gif

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

LadyLinzee

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by duggystyler
i always think the music is awesome when i spin too ;) but i'm usally the only one who thinks so, cuz i'm usually the only one there to hear it :(

Just to let you know that was my friend sweet-e who posted that review!! :) Don't think that I would ever big myself up in a review thread ...

My review to follow!

sweet_e

TRIBE Member
sorry my bad

Oops! Just wanted to clarify that it was me who posted the review from linzee's and forgot to sign her out and sign me in.
I should be more careful... although it would have been even funnier if i had been dissing her. ( u know i would never do that babe)

Sweet_e