• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

commercial song id...

littlenutty

TRIBE Member
you know the new excel gum commercial where it shows little clips of different people singing this song and it ends with that group of guys singing 'don't leave me this way'.....

does anyone know if that's a real song or just a tv commercial jingle... i like it, it's kinda catchy...

Commercial #2...

Fido commercial... they show all these people hugging and slow dancing to this song... now this i know is a real song, it's instrumental but i have no clue what it's called...

anyone have any ideas....i'm going crazy. :)

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Aerius Zension
A Little Shade of Pale by Procal Harum.
Well, I haven't seen the commercial, but the song you mentioned is actually "A Whiter Shade Of Pale" by Procol Harum.

Spades

TRIBE Member
i thought i was the only nerd searching for that excel gum song. 'Dont' leave me this way...' something like that right. i could do without those dudes singing, but that girl in the washroom has a sweet voice.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
Well, I haven't seen the commercial, but could it be "Don't Leave Me This Way" by Thelma Houston? (also redone by the Communards in the 80's)

Last edited:

kmac

TRIBE Member
^^^

Yep.

"AaaaaaaahhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHH BABY... my heart is full of love and desire for you. Now come on down and do what you gotta do."

Spades

TRIBE Member
Nice:D DLing this as soon as i get home.

'Don't leave me this way.
I can't survive ... I can't stay alive'

noodle

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Richard Raiban
ZACK MORRIS destroys alex p keaton

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

whatever.jpg

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by noodle
The original is such a funky old disco tune...I love it.
I'm more partial to the Communards version myself, but that's probably just because it's the first version I heard.

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Silvershadow
Well, I haven't seen the commercial, but the song you mentioned is actually "A Whiter Shade Of Pale" by Procol Harum.

Oops, yeah. That's what I meant. Typing something else.

Dirtymatt

TRIBE Member
You cant beat Jimmy Sommerville and the Communards, if you like that song try

You make me feel (mighty real)

Another classic

matt

PS: Hello Silvershadow!

Silvershadow

TRIBE Member
Song... stuck in head... can't get rid of... Gaaaaaah!!!

Don't leave me this way... I can't survive, I can't stay alive without your love... no baby... Don't leave me this way... I can't exist, I would surely miss your tender kiss, so don't leave me this way. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah -- BABY! My heart is full of love and desire for you, so come on down and do what you gotta do...

I'm going to be singing this ALL day, I just know it.