• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Comfort Zone raided this morning...

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

RobotHouse

TRIBE Member
peko said:
I pictured it like a 1930's prohibition sweep.

07scot190.3.jpg

wish i could have done a better job with this but what the fuck

czdt3.gif

lilnick

TRIBE Member
Karim said:
I seriously doubt 1 in 17 people at guvernment have enough drugs on them to be considered traffickers.

Trafficking is not about how much, or how many substances you have on you, it's about passing substances from one person to another.

True, considerations for charges or senteces are made with regard to "amounts for personal use", how the substances are packaged, and other factors like cash or IOU's...

BUT...

Increasingly we are seeing a criminal justice approach getting tougher with people who consume substances in Canada. More people are getting charged more easily and receiving tougher sentences.

Grabbing a couple extra pills for your friends is likely to get you into more problems these days than perhaps in the past.

Props to Stephen.

If you want to start reading more about this... try starting here:

http://www.cssdp-ecprd.ca/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=8"]http://www.cssdp-ecprd.ca/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=8"]http://www.cssdp-ecprd.ca/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=8

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

acheron

TRIBE Member
the cops did say that they released a number of people during processing who had amounts considered 'personal use' .. i.e. they weren't interested in them. i.e. if you had one or two pills or a dimebag or something, they prolly confiscated it and sent them on their way.

lilnick

TRIBE Member
acheron said:
the cops did say that they released a number of people during processing who had amounts considered 'personal use' .. i.e. they weren't interested in them. i.e. if you had one or two pills or a dimebag or something, they prolly confiscated it and sent them on their way.

Where did you see/hear this?

That's not what I was told by Detective Sergeant Ed Roseto and another officer from 14 Division when I asked them face to face at the press conference.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
lilnick said:
That's not what I was told by Detective Sergeant Ed Roseto and another officer from 14 Division when I asked them face to face at the press conference.
finally, someone who can speak for the Police.

Karim

TRIBE Member
peko said:
technically, it was 180 people, 33 charged = 18.4% not 22%

You're ignoring the fact that there were tons of drugs all over the floors when all was said and done. There's no telling how many were able to get their pockets empty in time, but since the reports say that the floors and tables were covered in drugs, it's fair to assume that a lot of people were able to ditch their stash, making the real % of possession much higher than the 18.4% who were the unlucky ones that got caught.

Last edited:

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Karim said:
You're ignoring the fact that there were tons of drugs all over the floors when all was said in done. There's no telling how many were able to get their pockets empty in time
ya, the smart ones.

ari

TRIBE Member
I have just had an extensive conversation with a staffer at councillor Vaughn's office-

she informs me that they have as of yet received no complaints about this warrant or its execution- and have only heard support from the local residents association- who no doubt have only read the media reports of the 'drug flea market'

I think that people need to call in to express their concern-

also she suggests that those who have been involved directly will receive more results and so those who have been abused in this raid should contact-

Councillor Vaughn's Office

The Canadian Civil Liberties Association

Police Complaints

Last edited:

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Karim said:
After the raid, there were drugs ALL OVER THE FLOORS AND ON THE TABLES which means that a good chunk of the 117 people got rid of their stashes in time.

And I bet you believe there were tables set up like a flea market right?

I have some swamp land in Florida you may be interested in.

. 1 in 17 people got booked with with dealing. I seriously doubt 1 in 17 people at guvernment have enough drugs on them to be considered traffickers.

lol

Maui

TRIBE Member
Is this thread really that long..... lol

All I have to say is "CAN'T TOUCH THIS!" *does mc hammer dance*
looooooooool
Was so close to going.
You make us proud men in blue. Get them party people, git em.

Karim

TRIBE Member
NemIsis said:
And I bet you believe there were tables set up like a flea market right?

No, I don't believe that all. I do believe that the drugs "conveniently laid out on the table like a flea market swap meet" are either peoples ditched stashes or some undercover police officers overactive imagination when pleading a case for a warrant.

Ultimately, the argument breaks down to which of the 2 clubs do you feel has more drug use per capita, the guv or cozo. Forget about sheer volumes of people. And no matter which way you look at it, $35,000 or $20,000 or $10,000 in drugs confiscated is quite a bit for 180 total people in the club. And I'm in the wrong fucking business if that $30,000 in cash confiscated was all door money from the cover of 150 people (not including staff).

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
Karim said:
You're ignoring the fact that there were tons of drugs all over the floors when all was said and done. There's no telling how many were able to get their pockets empty in time, but since the reports say that the floors and tables were covered in drugs, it's fair to assume that a lot of people were able to ditch their stash, making the real % of possession much higher than the 18.4% who were the unlucky ones that got caught.

so? those were all small bags or various drugs, i.e. things that were tossed by users. arresting users makes not a lick of difference in "fighting drugs". if they really wanted to do something to stop or even limit the amount of drugs in the city they'd be going after organized crime - but those people pay them so they're not going to do that.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
acheron said:
naw, there's no drugs there now. no point. mebbe I'll just go to the guv.

Or College Street Bar.
Or Wrongbar.
Or any other bar in the city.

Hell, we scored at Wild Wings.