1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Combining spirituality with bacon

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Sep 15, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

I have been reading a lot of Jung lately, and also found an excellent book on mandalas in my basement which I thumbed through briefly.

This morning I decide to create a bacon mandala. Behold:

[​IMG]

I used thinly sliced Mennonite double smoked bacon and even chanted "bacuuuuuuun, bacuuuuuuun, bacuuuuuun" while assembling it. Not only does it focus the mind and calm the soul, but it tasted great too!

2. unique2100

unique2100 TRIBE Promoter

Nice bacon Green Lantern!

3. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

I love that there is paper towel under the bacon to soak up the fat. That makes it a lot healthier, eh.

4. oeretS

oeretS TRIBE Member

uh that's standard procedure when making bacon - otherwise you'd have a pool of congealing bacon fat on your plate

have you really never seen this technique employed?

5. Deus

Deus TRIBE Member

And what is achieved by not having a pool of congealing bacon fat on the plate?

It's just funny to me. Analogous to those people that buy a slice of pepperoni pizza and dab the fat off the pepperonis with a paper towel. Yes, that's is going to make it a lot healthier!

6. gl*tch

gl*tch TRIBE Member

it's about taste stupid!

7. the_fornicator

the_fornicator TRIBE Member

You should bake your bacon. comes out way better and is easier to make (incl cleanup).

425'ish for 10-15 minutes or until crispy as desired. Then you can have the stove to make whatever else you want while the bacon cooks. My friend taught me that. Best. Trick. Ever.

8. Ho||yw0oD

Ho||yw0oD TRIBE Member

QFT. Baked bacon is soooooo good. You can, of course, play around with temp and cooking times for desired softness or crispiness.

A bit of maple and brown sugar over the bacon as it bakes gives it a little extra something special too.

Drool.

9. Ho||yw0oD

Ho||yw0oD TRIBE Member

I know it seems silly... but it actually does sop up a lot of fat in some cases. I bet doing that probably absorbs a good 20% of the fat.

10. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

I barf'd

11. dtox

dtox TRIBE Member

12. wickedken

wickedken TRIBE Member

Nativity scene.

[​IMG]

13. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

OMG!!!!!! A bacon and sausage nativity scene!