• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Cologne

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
I've never used them myself but thinking of getting something for someone that does for christmas. And I have no clue what to look for. Only one I know of is drakkar noir but that's supposedly very old school.
My dad wore that - in 1986.

Go to any reputable department store and they should be able to show you some of the newer scents. If you end up with Hai Karate, you have no taste.

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
I cant believe you knocked Hai Karate! When I would go out, ladies would drop at hint of that scent.

mrfinesse

TRIBE Member
la nuit de homme
polo black
acgui de gio
allure homme
L'eau D'issey Pour Homme Intense

Aside from the acgui de gio, thoughts on the other ones?

Tahoe

TRIBE Member
My regular scent is Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Summer(it's lighter than the regular one) and for occasional use Gucci Guilty. I'd like another scent so I may check out the above mentioned FCUK scents.

kyfe

TRIBE Member
la nuit de homme
polo black
acgui de gio
allure homme
L'eau D'issey Pour Homme Intense

Aside from the acgui de gio, thoughts on the other ones?
All are sweeter scents w polo black being the most masculine .

I'm wearing la nuit now it's to sweet for me.
Allure is ok but I don't recall it being anything special, more of a cheap backup type.

Leu d'issey was pretty weak smelling and didn't last long

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
I just discovered Penhaligon's recently; Perfumes for Women & Men | Luxury Gifts and Fragrances | Penhaligon's. Their fragrances are absolutely incredible. I bought the Endymion and Quercus colognes so far and just ordered their scent library to check out the rest of their line. Penhaligon's Mixed Scent Library, Each - Penhaligon's - Brands | MenEssentials

There is a place on the Danforth (west of broadview by a few lights) that sells Penhaligon's and a bunch of other boutique fragrance lines. Grooming, Shaving, Skin Care, Lifestyle | MenEssentials

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Enjoying the following lately:
Blue de Chanel
Creed Silver Mountain Water
Creed Green Irish Tweed (it's very good, but a little overpowering at times)

octo

TRIBE Member
i don't wear cologne regularly, even though i have A LOT that i've received as gifts, but when i wear DKNY Be Delicious i get compliments almost every time.

i bought Sex Panther as a joke. to put in my collection mostly to see if anyone says anything when they come over. it doesn't smell bad... and 60% of the time, it works every time

Karim

TRIBE Member

Still rocking the Chanel Egoiste Platinum and Bvlgari Man regular. Chanel colognes by far have the most staying power throughout the day and are of the highest quality. They also are the priciest and almost never go on sale unfortunately.