• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

college strike aftermath thread

d.code

TRIBE Member
So I had my first day back today and found out that we are not getting our time made up. We are still going to Apirl 21st.

Whats happening with other Tribe students?

I want some of my fuckin' bling back. ch33se

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
We're going till 29th April.

I'm still extremely pissed off.

What can we do? suck it up and move on.

fucking lame

Jeremy Jive

TRIBE Member
Our program is a complete mess. We were supposed to be out March 31st and we are still going to be out by next Monday. Instead of extending our semester, they are going to just go straight into exams and throw us some take home assignments to do at the same time to cover the missing material.

I have a final today, tomorrow, Friday and then again on Monday. To say I'm not very impressed would be a giant understatement.

I have a feeling there will be a linching of our teacher today when she gives out the exam.

One our classmates figured out that based on the number of days we missed, the school owes us $833.55. If there is a class action suit I'm putting my name in for that and the value of any national scholarships I may lose by having to do exams with no class time or prep. I had a 95% average going in and no reason for it to drop at all.

Complete bullshit.

j bunny 2000

TRIBE Member
A bunch of cirriculum has been cut from my program. We will finish on the 28th so an extra week has been added for the 3 we missed.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

MoFo

TRIBE Member
No idea.
That's what the news said.

Probably with the Dean of whatever.. or the Guidance Centre.

tella

TRIBE Member
we are getting no extra time as well. the assignments that were due during the strike were due yesterday and everything else has been pushed back a week or two. my last day is the 21st, my portfolio is due in 2 weeks and i'm scrambling to get everything done. teachers have been told to only teach the "essentials" for the last 3 weeks.

apparently the student's federation suggested that we finish the year as per schedule. fucking bullshit. i DEFINITELY want some money back. our teachers argued yesterday that the facilities were still open so none of us should be behind. my tuition paid for facilities as well as fucking teachers which were nowhere to be found for 3 weeks (i certainly didnt see any of them picketing when i did go to school).

GRRRRRR.

d.code

TRIBE Member
Im missing out on a pretty big and essential part of my learnings. Im learning 3d animation and in one of my classes we were learning to rig a model so you can animate it (deffinatly not an easy to thing to learn). In a few hours im going to find out whats going on with this class and all of my assignments.

Im preparing for the most ridiculous crunch of my life over the new few weeks.

This shit is just wrong. I feel like I was mugged by gypsies.

My teacher made some expensive training DVD's on the subject and I think he should give us all free copies.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

acheron

TRIBE Member
so when the teachers were out on strike, all studying ceased, no students used their time wisely by reading ahead on the course material or doing projects that related to the course calendar given to them at the beginning of the year? Given that it's so close to end of term for many students, wouldn't they have known what they had to work on beforehand? What about tutorial groups? Did they stop meeting while the strike was going on?

Funzo

TRIBE Member
I don't go back until tomorrow.

Acheron, althought I can't speak for everyone, most of us did carry on with the learnings. That doesn't make it alright though. If I wanted to teach myself about it, I'd have just bought a bunch textbooks and never gone to school. When you have a problem or something is unclear you can't contact your teachers, so you're stuck.

quantumize

TRIBE Member
IMHO

most people are proc4rastinators, and I have no idea why. I am guessing most college students are right fucked right abotu now.

I wish I could feel compassion for this, but if you procrastinate and you fuck yourself, then bail yourself out

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
If I was in college I would be asking for a tuition carve out for the time period of the strike.

I think students have every right to request retroactive tuition reimbursement for the time period missed.

Spinsah

TRIBE Member
quantumize said:
most people are proc4rastinators, and I have no idea why. I am guessing most college students are right fucked right abotu now.

I wish I could feel compassion for this, but if you procrastinate and you fuck yourself, then bail yourself out
What the fuck are you talking about?

This isn't an issue of procrastination but of payment for services that were insufficently rendered.

acheron

TRIBE Member
I should add that I definitely think the students should be compensated for services that weren't delivered. But I think that most of them, if they kept up with their work, won't be as adversely affected by this as is being said in the media. Holding to the end-of-term dates is a good thing as it will allow people to keep to placement dates and end-of-leases, etc...

d.code

TRIBE Member
I did a lot of work over the strike. But I can only teach my self so much. This has really fucked me!

samsara

my course load has shrunk, and our exams are now in class. We have also been told they will be easier due to the fact that we only have month to cover the rest of the course... not so bad I guess, but the teachers still act like they don't give a whut.

d.code

TRIBE Member
My program head is sick today and not in today I have just found out. So we are all still in the fuggin' dark for some things.

I want my money back. This was fucking expensive coarse!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders