• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

College St. On a friday

wakipaki

TRIBE Member
Don't just randomly go out much anymore, but its a coworkers bday and the plan making got thrown at me. So, where to on college this friday, good music, preferably a bar with a dance floor, type a place you can dance if you want but don't have to, bumping would be good to.

Just throw it out there if you got suggestions cause I'm at a complete loss

thanks in advance.

Chris

Well-Known TRIBEr
I miss LAVA :(

agree about Shallow Groove, tons of hot dames, stiff drinks, usually a great time.

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
wakipaki said:
Don't just randomly go out much anymore, but its a coworkers bday and the plan making got thrown at me. So, where to on college this friday, good music, preferably a bar with a dance floor, type a place you can dance if you want but don't have to, bumping would be good to.

Just throw it out there if you got suggestions cause I'm at a complete loss

thanks in advance.

i like revival on college when taking out a group of people with varied tastes. it's a fun time, lots of dancing and a positive vibe. mainstream tunes for the most part. (not sure if friday night is any kind of special nite, you'd have to check)

not a lot of places to sit though, for those who decide not to dance.

what do you mean "bumping would be good to"?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

noodle

TRIBE Member
I really liked octopus lounge (just south of college on Palmerston).

It gets REALLY busy though so you need to get their by 11pm

alma

TRIBE Member
and bird, just around the corner, above xacutti. you might get dirty dale or nick holder and although a small place, the crowd will dance.

dvs

TRIBE Promoter
20 said:
and bird, just around the corner, above xacutti. you might get dirty dale or nick holder and although a small place, the crowd will dance.
dale is there on thursdays. fridys and staurdays it's a dj by the name of johnny lopez.

d

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
One more vote for Li'ly.

And one objection for Octopus imo that place is awful. Sound is really tinny in there. It gets way too crowded and the location of the bars is awful so it takes forever to get a drink.

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
Ewww, I can't believe some of the reccos in this thread. Looks like the woodbridge massive is all over this thread.

Teds is your best be, hands down.

ian

TRIBE Member
mitsuko souma said:
ModClub, all the way. Andy Poolhall is fun too.
Yeah, on a Friday I'd say either of those two. Probably Mod Club if you want to ensure that *everyone* is happy.

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Chubbs said:
Ewww, I can't believe some of the reccos in this thread. Looks like the woodbridge massive is all over this thread.

can you dance at ted's? do people dance there? he asked for a place where could dance. i'm not the hugest fan of revival, but it has turned out to be a good place to accomodate, as i said, a group of people with varied tastes. as he said it's a coworker's bday, that's why i went with that reccomendation. it's worked well for me a couple of times.

having said that, i love ted's but wouldn't think of it for dancing, ciao edie, an upstairs place called liquids i think? or liquid lounge? one of those. oh, and what about cobalt?

littlejon

TRIBE Member
Chubbs said:

i live at college and clinton, teds is my local.
people have been known to dance, on occasion. but it has more to do with the alcohol than the music.

and daft punk is playing at my house.
really.