• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Collard Greens WTF?!

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I bought a huge bunch of collard greens at the Thursday farmers market. How do I cook them? I have googled recipes but I would rather try one that a TRIBer has tried if possible.

There must be a way to make collard greens delish, because right now they just look like giant leafs.

praktik

TRIBE Member
All i know is when peeps use this ingredient on masterchef or equivalent show they get points for using a humble ingredient in something fancy.

I think people approach its cooking in same way they do spinach, if that helps. We dont use em but they have advantage of low low price...so maybe we should!

Preroller

TRIBE Member
google how black people cook collard greens ftw? I would marinate them in soy and lemon...etc, than grill or saute them...

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Bacchus

TRIBE Promoter
Thinkly sliced, they can be massaged with salt and an acid as well, and that will really help break down the proteins.

Works really well like that in a salad

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
I cooked up some bacon bits and fried up some chopped onion and added that to them after they were braising for a while. Quite good actually! baconpan