• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Colbert Show: 10 Commandments Bill Sponsor Only Knows Three

acheron

TRIBE Member
"This is just insanely troubling: getting beyond the fact that the GOP Congressman interviewed by Stephen Colbert could only name three of the 10 commandments he wants to see enshrined in public schools and courtrooms...the guy, Rep. Lynn Westmoreland, is a completely empty suit. He didn’t utter an inteligent syllable the entire interview. And he’s in Congress."

http://hame.ca/tribe/TCR-Westmoreland.mov

edit: the whole interview is gold but the 10 Commandments bit comes in around 3:30 in.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
Saw that. Gold!

Colbert seems to be catching a lot more attention than Jon Stewart these days. I think he's brilliant.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
If Colbert and Ali-G meet up, there will be a mater anti-mater implosion and the universe will collapse on itself.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Thou shalt have no other gods before me unless he is the elected leader of your country and speaks on my behalf.

Thou shalt not worship false idols only the real idols on american idol

Thou shalt not say god damn or god damn mother fucker unless it is after 10 pm.

Keep holy the sabath for that is the day for football those sponsors paid a forune to sell you sures for athletes foot even though non of you lazy asses caught it in the fucking gym.

Honour thy mother and father until you can put them in a home featured on 60 minutes

Thou shalt not kill unless its for the government

Thou shalt not have sex with a married person unless your marriage is a pointless sham anyway held togther only to avoid the pain of divorce lawyers.

Thou shalt not steal unless its looting

Thou shalt not bear false witness unless you know you can get away with it.

Thou shalt not covet they neighbors wife! however his daughter is fair game.

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
acheron said:
"This is just insanely troubling: getting beyond the fact that the GOP Congressman interviewed by Stephen Colbert could only name three of the 10 commandments he wants to see enshrined in public schools and courtrooms...the guy, Rep. Lynn Westmoreland, is a completely empty suit. He didn’t utter an inteligent syllable the entire interview. And he’s in Congress."

http://hame.ca/tribe/TCR-Westmoreland.mov

edit: the whole interview is gold but the 10 Commandments bit comes in around 3:30 in.
Thanks for posting that, I just saw the tail end it and it was fucking hilarious, I didn't realize how good the whole thing was. I have no clue how he kept a straight face the entire time though.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Horrible. Even I can recite more than three and it's been 10+ years since catholic school.

This guy typifies the kind of vacant stock who populate US politics today.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
thou shall not fornicate....that means tribe is out right off the bat(is that even a sin...or just something cooked up by hallmark to make us feel guilty and buy more of their crappy cards...? im lazy and wont investigate...)

The Peej

TRIBE Member
yeah, John Stewart should go back to the old format. I liked the old set when they filmed him from farther away. Maybe it's that he seemed to put more effort into pretending to be serious when he read the news. It was a parody that worked well. Now he's just doing his schtick with every story. His classic, John Stewart pauses, aaaand long drawn out wooords, followed by, predictable comedic vocal influx. You can basically mouth the words along with him in the same rhythm he always uses. The pupil always kills the master right before the climax anyway. It's the way of the universe. Colbert Rules!