• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Colbert Colbert Colbert

Onthereals

TRIBE Member
ya, now that was fucking amazing. Colbert is a genius! This is the only time I've ever seen bush have to actually take it, and not do anything about it! Colbert is the bravest man in America right now by far, I dont think anyone else has the balls to do that. Its a shame that the mainstream media, of course, lacks the balls to really report on this, and instead pretend that the highlight was the Bush impersonator. Just horrible. Its probably one of the most historic and memorable things I've watched in a while and the MSM is going to gloss over it.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

cristal

TRIBE Member
I have to admit Bush was the big winner that night. Not only did he sit through Colbert's bit with a straight face he ALSO stole the show by making his own speech [which preceded Colbert's] with an impersonator standing next to him, speaking from his own podium. GWB and his doppleganger dropped some of the best lines of the night.

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
Onthereals said:
ya, now that was fucking amazing. Colbert is a genius! This is the only time I've ever seen bush have to actually take it, and not do anything about it! Colbert is the bravest man in America right now by far, I dont think anyone else has the balls to do that. Its a shame that the mainstream media, of course, lacks the balls to really report on this, and instead pretend that the highlight was the Bush impersonator. Just horrible. Its probably one of the most historic and memorable things I've watched in a while and the MSM is going to gloss over it.
umm Colbert is part of the "MSM"".

OTIS

TRIBE Member
It's quite amazing that GWB is considered such royalty that most people expected Colbert's head to be lopped off before the court. It really says a lot about how they've postured this presidency.

Onthereals

TRIBE Member
Bass-Invader said:
umm Colbert is part of the "MSM"".
yah he is I never said he wasnt, but its too bad that on the internet he is getting all this praise and alot of people are talking about it, but the mainstream media is making it a non-story.

Oh wait I guess you are making fun of the use of MSM like it cant be used like that in short form. Sorry, I'll print it out in full length from now on so people wont get so irritated. Where are my manners?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
Onthereals said:
Oh wait I guess you are making fun of the use of MSM like it cant be used like that in short form. Sorry, I'll print it out in full length from now on so people wont get so irritated. Where are my manners?
what?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Ok although I think it is spectacular he was able to pull off a routine like that in a hostile room, I don't think it was a brilliant routine start to finish. Way too long and a lot of duds.

But then again I've haven't been on the Colbert bandwagon since he got his new show. I think he's a one note comedian and it's already gotten a little old for me.

Adam

TRIBE Member
Taro said:
that guy seriously has huge balls - ..
Yes and no, really. It would take a lot of nerve for someone in his role to *not* say this sort of thing, unless you really do expect the head-chopping Otis mentioned.

Adam

TRIBE Member
OTIS said:
I thought it was more odd that the Fifth Estate in a democracy cajoles and schmoozes with the exact people they are supposed to be watch dogging.
That's what happens the other 364 days of the year too. Why not let them give it a try in fancy attire?