1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

cognitive dissonance

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by glych t.anomaly, Oct 7, 2005.

1. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

happily hovering over the luminescent surface of a giant marble

eternally rolling towards its imminent demise,

yet the flutterbugs remain contently sanguine

for they will cease to exist at the same time their only reason for existence expires

[fullfillment?]

[jai]

2. acheron

acheron TRIBE Member

dropped acid did we?

3. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

nein

soooooooooooooooooooooooooobeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

cept fer a wee bit of da pawt

[jai]

i wish was on acid

4. d.code

d.code TRIBE Member

acid is one of the few drugs that I think I will do again (other than the pawt). I wouldn't want to take a whole hit. Maybe just a quater and get a good 3-5 hours out of it.

5. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

taking less doesn't cut the trip short it's still a good 5-8 hours of cartoons and purple dragons. take a full tab it really makes no difference.

Kyfe

6. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

I had the scariest experience on acid, I thought I was going to die... no acid for me EVER again.

7. The Kid

The Kid TRIBE Member

blah-bla-bla-bla-blaaaaah.

:confused:

8. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

if you're going to post that I'd love to hear the story, me and my friends used to try and freak eachother out and we're seen some crazy shit while taking the trip.

9. KillaLadY

KillaLadY TRIBE Member

Cottage, decided to go fishing at 4 in the morning on acid, boat was talking to me, fish were talking to me, eat me... don't even want to remember.

It's funny to think back, but to be in fear while fucked on drugs wasn't funny.

10. kmac

kmac TRIBE Member

^^^

Word up.

Last time I dropped a few hits, I got yelled at by a tranny hooker on a subway car and had to run off the train at Davisville station. Too bad it was the last train of the night and I had to get to Scarborough. But this bitch was scary, you would have run away too.

11. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

that's funny, I don't think I'd go near water in that condition.

I have so many funny stories luckily no bad experiences just a few uncomfortable situations.

12. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

I've done acid 3 times, and have enjoyed it every time. The last time I did it, I didnt candy flip, and could easily see how a 'trip could go wrong'.

Tree's seemed to form teeth and turn into lumbering beasts, saw small bugs and worms crawling along my skin/etc. But, I just thought "ooh, thats kinda neat".

Would stare at the arms on my hair, then slowly see little black dots start to move along my hairs, and then the hairs would start to move and twist, then move along my arm and plump up and look a bit worm like then vanish back into my skin. I just thought that looked kinda neat and didnt freak me out as I knew it was just the acid doing it.

Was also neat seeing a skycaptian and the world of tomorrow-ish robots raiding the city in the distance thing going on (the buildings looked like giant robots in the distance).

Then again, it looked like /everything/ around me was having sex, guess I was a horny fucker that trip.

13. djdeposit

djdeposit TRIBE Member

this thread should be deemed the bad acid trip thread

keep those storys coming

14. The Watcher

The Watcher TRIBE Member

PUBLIC ANNOUCEMENT: Dont take the brown acid.

15. lok

lok TRIBE Member

dude, that was really good pot. <3

16. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

what about good acid stories? :p I've had nothing but good times the times I've done acid.

Floundering around on my sumo lounge thinking I was trapped underwater was a laugh riot.

I really like the manic-giggle-fit feeling of an acid-come up before it peaks and levels out. Once the trip levels out, it feels really relaxed and chill to me.

note: we <3 katamari is the best game to play while tripping, espically the cloud level, and the last level where you roll up the cities/islands/etc ..

Last edited: Oct 7, 2005
  17. djdeposit

djdeposit TRIBE Member

ok fine
    good and bad trip thread

18. kmac

kmac TRIBE Member

19. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

- laying on my bed trying to find the perfect set to listen to, but then giving up, as realizing

'once I find a set that is dubby enough for what I want, I just know I'll want to find a new 'perfect set', but this time with more click'

then busting my ass laughing about that, as I then figured 'once I found a set with enough click, I'd want one wth more boing'.

so I left it on the set I had going (think it was Madga? not 100% sure), and enjoyed it regardless.

20. basketballjones

basketballjones TRIBE Member

yeah...after my bad trip i wont go near it again
    sucks having to walk yourself to the hospital and try to explain to them that u r out of your mind on the lsd
    having a bad trip has nothing to do with how much or little u took....all it is , is that u dont want to be high at that time...then it is all down hill....things u usally loved...start to be scary cause u want them to stop...but they dont....

21. kaniz

kaniz TRIBE Member

So far, if anything - I've been dissapointed that my trip was going to end, and wish it could of gone on a bit longer. I've never had the "I wish this trip was over" feeling on LSD.

Have had it once with mushrooms, had a great trip out at the toronto islands. Comming home on the subway I started to get a bit depressed (bored with life thought cycle going on and on and on, I swear if I had a passport on me, I would of gone to the airport and fucked off to to another country to run away if I could of), walking home I just wnated the trip to end as I was getting miserable,t hen laid on my bed for about an hour just wanting to die I felt so depressed.

Closet thing to a 'bad' trip I've had, and was only the last hour or two, and I wont let that last hour over-shadow the amazing day I had leading upto it.

22. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

I was at a biker party and really messed along with about 10 of my friends, we knew the hosts but not all the bikers. Anyway one thought I was retarded because I just kept laughing and when he asked me anything I'd just tell him I was stone cold chillin, which drove him nuts.

Later on at the same party, there was the head biker on a log along with his old woman who were both sitting facing me and my best friend, she began to diddle with herself under her short cut off jean shorts, I could not believe what I was seeing and couldn't stop staring. I looked over at my best friend and wispered to him if he was what I saw, we agreed that we in fact were witnessing the same thing and were glued to watching it, luckily the biker didn't notice or didn't care.

Later we drove home and hung out on my best friends half pipe, it was like 7am and we noticed a light on in his garage we thought someone was breaking into the garage to steal his dads corvette, my friend grabbed a 2x4 and ran into the garage. It was his dad working on the vette, he spent the rest of the day helping him fix the car while I walked home along with all the characters from Bebe's Kids
    [​IMG]

There more to the story but it already is too much so I've skipped the first half of the night. It was just as crazy as the first, it involved a fat lady my other friend mooning her, 2 cars hopping a curb, me sitting in the back seat with 3D glasses in awe of what I was seeing and feeling like I was pissing myself.

Good times....

Kyfe

23. derek

derek TRIBE Member

i've never had a 'bad' trip; all my acid trips have been insightful in there own way. i've had uncomfortable moments during trips (kinda like kaniz is referring to); the trick is not to get caught in a negative thought cycle. this is where yogic breathing techniques come in handy. also, the reason i think some have 'bad' trips is they can handle the disolving of their 'ego', and the fight the feeling making is worse.

i luv acid. it's been a while (6 months) though. my sketchy connection and i have tried to connect several times,they are so unreliable, and always end up cancelling on me. their hits are killer though, when i can get them.

24. Muad'ib

Muad'ib Well-Known TRIBEr

liquid acid + axe = hour drive to nearest hospital and nine stitches

i love acid and i also love the fact that i am not the only person to go to church completely out of my tree.

25. derek

derek TRIBE Member

when i was 17 i carried the crucifix while coming down from, or rather getting use to a trip. to this day i don't know how i made it thru the service (especially the sermon) without breaking out laughing or doing something silly. probably too memorized by the stained glass.