• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Coffee

ducke

TRIBE Member
I WANNA KNOW what cup of JAVA JOE get's everyone going in the morning ?

With all of this talk about TIM HORTONS shares I want to know how many of us out here drink TIMMY HOE's coffee .

If I had to pick one place that is handy to me it would be WILLIAMS COFFEE and the running up would be
:O STARBUCKS :O

CHEERS & HAPPY SPRING

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

almondjoy

TRIBE Member
im drinking my medium double cream, double sweetener from timmys right now and i can feel my heart palpitations coming along slowly...GOOD MORN EVERYONE!

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
I avoid Tim Horton's unless it's the absolute last option (or the only other options are CUNTry Style or Coffee Time). I usually get Second Cup's Mocca Red-Eye (double caffeine) if I'm hungover or just really tired like today. Otherwise, I get Vietnamese coffee from Java House.

CO2

TRIBE Member
MMmmmMmMMMMMmmmm....Timmy's is like cRacK to me..and I tried buying Timmys coffee for home brewing and its NOT EVEN CLOSE. Its obviously not the same shit they sell at the shops. I need someone on the inside i tells ya, on the inside!! Those shifty bastards!

However my fav is Second Cup's Irish Cream....mmmm...soooo fucking good.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
i really don't find tim's has much caffine in it and i'm really sensitive to caffine. for me it's timothy's or starbucks all the way. gets me buzzin' away just like a good coffee should! ;)

choko

TRIBE Member
i made the switch from drip to stove-top a couple years ago.

9313803154698.jpg

i'll never look back.

dyad

TRIBE Member
cup at home in the morning: alternative grounds full city blend (milk only or black if there isnt any milk)

work: one of two small independents (the liberty and the roastery) milk. or shitty work coffee.

weekend treat: I deal Coffee in Kensington Market. that shits like crack.

CO2

TRIBE Member
choko said:

9313803154698.jpg

i'll never look back.

Wicked.

Im Cuban and have had my fair share of these blasts of caffeine. My grandmother used to pound back cups of these things everyday. It was impressive really, that an 80 year old grandmother is pounding back so much coffee!! Of course, she was incredibly insulted if the family did not join her in her caffeine abuse, and made plenty of cups for everyone!

Im still shaving my tongue to this day.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
If you're looking for a caffeine jolt and not so concerned about taste then Tim Horton's is the way to go. Their light roast definitely packs a caffeine punch that keeps the addicts coming back for more more more Timmy's. Which explains the rabid fanaticism over it, because otherwise their coffee is ass.

The darker the roast, the less caffeine. I love most dark roasts, used to drink Second Cup Paradiso Dark or Tarbucks but I'm loving the fair trade dark roast I get here though I can't remember the name of it. I'm that anal with coffee that most of the time I have to brew it at home and take it with me because most places don't know how to do it right.

And yes choko that is the best way to make it!!

edit: when i was in Cuba the stuff I got from the corner merchants for 10 cents a bag was probably some of the best coffee I've had in my life.

JAR

TRIBE Member
oh shit, Cuba was the one place I actually drank coffee...everyday I was there. cuban espresso...my god.

ducke

TRIBE Member
Flashy_McFlash said:
I usually get Second Cup's Mocca Red-Eye (double caffeine) - OH YEAH now your talking - Had one of those one afternoon before an adventure @ IKEA I think I was threw that store within an hour ...

ducke

TRIBE Member
My VERY first cup of coffee was on a VIA train . Never had touched the stuff till I was 23 ... Tasted Awful but it worked

lucinda

TRIBE Member
JAR said:
oh shit, Cuba was the one place I actually drank coffee...everyday I was there. cuban espresso...my god.

up up up up....what about Thailand
I seem to recall a certain hunk drinking coffee with me a couple of mornings back in December??? ;)

lucinda

TRIBE Member
I drink one decaf Mercatto coffee with a little 2% milk and cinnimon every weekday morning. Italien coffee. delish.

Fillmore

TRIBE Member
Tried coffee once was I was about 13 and found it to be the most disgusting drink ever invented.
I later went on to manage two coffee shops but I have still yet to drink another sip.

In my opinon no beverage should ever be served hot. I dont like any warm drink whatsoever.

kmac

TRIBE Member
I am disgusting.

In the morning as I get ready I drink a cup of instant coffee, and maybe have two cups of the office coffee. I don't even know what real (or good) coffee tastes like anymore.

grumblegirl

TRIBE Member
[sheepish]starbucks[/sheepish]

i avoided it for years, in favour of 'canadian' companies (tim's, second cup, etc), but i admit it... i'm hooked. their dark roast is so yum. never sour like second crap, and oh so flavourful, unlike tim horkton's.

i love coffee so much, i *can't* have it at home, cuz i'd drink it all freaking day. (and apparently that's bad.)

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
grumblegirl said:
[sheepish]starbucks[/sheepish]

i avoided it for years, in favour of 'canadian' companies (tim's, second cup, etc), but i admit it... i'm hooked. their dark roast is so yum. never sour like second crap, and oh so flavourful, unlike tim horkton's.

i love coffee so much, i *can't* have it at home, cuz i'd drink it all freaking day. (and apparently that's bad.)

I'm with you girl!

JESuX

TRIBE Member
dyad said:
weekend treat: I deal Coffee in Kensington Market. that shits like crack.

moonbean caffe has some wicked flavoured options, too! i think i had some butter pecan french vanilla frilly panties shit there a year or two ago and it was some of the best coffee i'd ever had.

(i'm all about the flavours!)

tango palace at queen and pape also has some of the best coffee i've ever had.

but my standard is work provided fresh brewed and ground, with french vanilla cappuccino mix in it, two creams and a sweetener.

Lovely N Amazin

TRIBE Member
choko said:

9313803154698.jpg

i'll never look back.

i make my afro espresso in this baby ... a blend i purchased in cape town, south africa with a picture of this huge sunshine afro on it! i also hit second cup in the afternoon for a weak espresso/latte/capuccino.