• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Coffee Preference

TrIbAlNuT

TRIBE Member
A lot of us are coffee whores, can’t function without that morning cup of java or just totally crash without that 3pm boost. Some people also swear allegiance to a certain brand, I personally prefer Tim’s or Timothy’s and dislike Second Cup and most of all Starbucks. I drink my coffee at room temperature or slightly colder, you can really chug the whole thing back which makes you feel like you just drank a cup of liquid crack.

What’s you primary java source?

Right now I'm partial to a 1/2 Vanilla Latte from Starbucks.
No foam, skim milk.

I won't touch Tim Horton's (even though I used to be able to drink it everyday).

Joe Seven

TRIBE Member
At work we are constantly brewing Merchants of Green coffee, it's freshly roasted organic coffee that kicks major ass in terms of taste and freshness.

When I'm out and about, I will settle for anything except Timmy the Ho, Coffee Time, Country Style, etc. Basically I avoid any place where old dudes hang out and sleep all day. Those places serve the shittiest coffee.

Yeah, I guess I'm a coffee snob.

cristal

TRIBE Member
I'm a Starbuck's guy but I do like strong coffee... For some reason I don't like Second Cup or Timothy's in comparison. Balzac's in the Distillery District is awesome as is the brew at Le Petit Dejeuner...

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

marcinm

TRIBE Member
I like the iced coffee drinks best, but if it's the "brewed" stuff i usually like the starbucks stuff, it's strong.

Crazlegs

TRIBE Member
I avoid donut shop coffee cause its usually too weak for my liking. I'm all about the Bucks and Second cup with the occasional foray to Timothy's. And I usually go dark roast.

natureboy

TRIBE Member
I started drinking double Americanos every morning and haven't gone back (to tim hortons).
I'm still buzzing now at 2:33pm
atatatatatatahahahatatatata !

marcinm

TRIBE Member
natureboy said:
I started drinking double Americanos every morning and haven't gone back (to tim hortons).
I'm still buzzing now at 2:33pm
atatatatatatahahahatatatata !
Americanos?

CIRCE (Sir C)

TRIBE Member
I'm a coffee snob (amongst other things) I almost never buy coffee "out"
Right now I'm buying from EverydayGourmet in St Lawrence...great selection of organic/fair trade...4 varieties of espresso grind...I pre-order and everything is roasted within 24 hours of pick-up :drool:

~atp~

TRIBE Member
Crazlegs said:
I avoid donut shop coffee cause its usually too weak for my liking. I'm all about the Bucks and Second cup with the occasional foray to Timothy's. And I usually go dark roast.

Totally! For myself, I'm lucky enough to have the gear at home to make lattes or other espresso-based drinks. Every once in a while, I grab the serious business across the street at Jet Fuel. Ever been there?

mingster

TRIBE Member
if i need/want one, i'll buy a coffee from almost anywhere.

lately, i've been drinking alot of coffee time.

~atp~

TRIBE Member
CIRCE (Sir C) said:
EverydayGourmet in St Lawrence...great selection of organic/fair trade...4 varieties of espresso grind...I pre-order and everything is roasted within 24 hours of pick-up :drool:
Are you referring to the place downstairs? I wasn't impressed when I was there last, and I didn't know they would fresh-roast for you.

That's one thing I miss about London; they had AMAZING coffee that was ALWAYS freshly roasted within 8 hours.

Crazlegs

TRIBE Member
~atp~ said:
Totally! For myself, I'm lucky enough to have the gear at home to make lattes or other espresso-based drinks. Every once in a while, I grab the serious business across the street at Jet Fuel. Ever been there?
lol ..... yup. I like that place too actually but I'm never around it any more.

I should note that I love the name of that place!

Last edited:

jus me

TRIBE Member
i don't know how i'll be able to re-adjust to crappy chain north american coffee after swedish lattes.