• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

coffee appreciation thread...

thom100

TRIBE Member
It is on a friggen cold morning like this, that I am a not good to go until a fresh cup of Joe.

Im all about the Balzacs at this point

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Skipper

TRIBE Member
I had tim hortons yesterday and it was so.disgusting.

I really like the second cup hazelnut flavored coffee, made at home.

Adam

TRIBE Member
alright, i'll admit: tim horton's is the molson canadian of coffee.

but its rocket fuel.

tobywan

TRIBE Member
I brewed some Maple Hazelnut coffee at home last night...even the aroma that spread thru my kitchen was fantastic.

T.O.B'

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

depraved

TRIBE Member
I'm down to my last 3 lbs of Starbucks' Special Select 2003, so they'd better get their Special Select 2004 on the shelves soon!

I'm down to two mugs every morning. The mug holds 4 cups. Best. Mug. Evar.

defazman

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Adam
if i could marry coffee, i would.

(i checked at city hall, they say no)
That's why I went to Vegas.

I've got some delightfull Vanilla Hazelnut beans that I fresh grind every morning. Pure heaven.

tobywan

TRIBE Member
How many of you drink your coffee black? And how do you manage to do it?

I've tried....but I can barely get a sip down before I gag...

futronic

TRIBE Member
Espresso, and nothing but.

I prefer small cafes that serve a good espresso, otherwise I'll just make it myself at home.

Note: Starbucks makes shitty espresso.

-- Jay aka Fut

vinder

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by MC Bias
How many of you drink your coffee black? And how do you manage to do it?

I've tried....but I can barely get a sip down before I gag...
i do. i had to learn as at my last company they slowly took away our coffee. first no cream. then no sugar. eventually ijust liked it black. now i can't drink it any other way.

milk and cream = RUINERS

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
I can't drink it black, but I don't need as much sugar in it anymore.

milk or cream?? i'm a milk guy.. in fact, i will freak the fuck out if anyone puts cream in my coffee

HMHA

TRIBE Member
YES! by far my favourite drug of choice!

coffee is magical!

working on my second cup right now...

costa rican coffee is like chocolate to me... dark roasts with full flavour... uuuummmmmm .... yummy.

Boss Hog

TRIBE Member
I can honestly say coffee is a huge part of my decision making when I travel.

My friend was in Indonesia and brought me back two bags of Java... espresso (NOT expresso, okay) grind... last year when I was in Cuba the stuff I bought for 10 cents a packet was some of the best coffee I've ever had (still have some in my freezer)...

Greece - you don't necessarily go there for the coffee since most of what they drink is INSTANT. They DO have frappe though, which in my opinion is a great coffee shake considering it's made with instant coffee. Otherwise they use the Turkish method of leaving the grinds in the bottom which is fine by me... makes for strong coffee which I always appreciate.

This year's decision to go to Costa Rica formed back about 6 years ago when I realized how much I love Costa Rican coffee. When I went down it was the first thing I went for... I brought back a couple of bags... one for me and one for another Triber.

It's my medicine.

And yes, Tim Horton's coffee is definitely substandard.

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
I would drink a Coffee Time coffee before that liquid shit they serve at Tim Hortons.

On a frightening note, I drank 6 pints (!!) of coffee between 2pm and 6pm last night at work. Too much caffiene can be quite alarming.

BigBadBaldy

TRIBE Member
Boss Hog: Go to Jamaica and have REAL Blue Mountain coffee. I can remember the flavour like it was yesterday and it was 20 years ago. Best frikkin coffee I have ever had.

aether

TRIBE Member
i'm particularly keen on americanos. it's just watered down espresso, but it ends being like something between an espresso and a coffee. (same great taste, but lasts longer).

but i don't have anything against timmies either. (the only problem there is i like my coffee black, and i keep accidentally ordering 'regular coffee'... blech.

coffee makes me positively peppy on an otherwise unbearable morning. i gave it up for a couple of months when i realized i was probably addicted, but then decided it was an addiction i'm happy to live with.