• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Coach's Corner to be delayed 7 seconds

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
i've long said i don't know why HE gets to say whatever he wants ... when it comes to hockey, fine, i don't care ... but showing his prejudices on national television is pretty sad anyway.

Soundstream

TRIBE Member
I really don't see why his comments were deemed to be that negative. It was a rather valid generalization.

In my opinion though, I bet the league will end up making half-visors mandatory in about a year and a half. At which point they will realize that it has not minimized the high-sticking incidents. 99% of the injuries are from player's sticks coming up and hitting the face, not from coming across at eye-level.

Cheers ... Ian :)

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
he keeps making generalizations and snide comments about french people and europeans in and out of the context of hockey.

they are going to do an investigation and i bet they'll find a lot of clips to support their claim that he's crossed the line.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

noodle

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Sunshyne Jones
i've long said i don't know why HE gets to say whatever he wants ... when it comes to hockey, fine, i don't care ... but showing his prejudices on national television is pretty sad anyway.

Oh I agree...I just think it's kind of pathetic that the CBC has decided to do this now (as apposed to all countless other times he's made offensive remarks). It makes me cringe to think that the CBC (the voice of Canada) is so quick to follow in the footsteps of the current trend (some would call it CENSORSHIP) in American broadcasting.

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by noodle
Oh I agree...I just think it's kind of pathetic that the CBC has decided to do this now (as apposed to all countless other times he's made offensive remarks). It makes me cringe to think that the CBC (the voice of Canada) is so quick to follow in the footsteps of the current trend (some would call it CENSORSHIP) in American broadcasting.

things that make me go hm

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
he keeps making generalizations and snide comments about french people and europeans in and out of the context of hockey.

they are going to do an investigation and i bet they'll find a lot of clips to support their claim that he's crossed the line.

they're small remarks and comments and stuff, nothing inflammatory or whatever, but that's kind of the point ... quiet, integral, insidious prejudices are nasty and they spread especially if they come from the mouth of a 'celeb' people listen to.

Resolver

TRIBE Member
they're small remarks and comments and stuff, nothing inflammatory or whatever, but that's kind of the point ... quiet, integral, insidious prejudices are nasty and they spread especially if they come from the mouth of a 'celeb' people listen to.

This is so true. A lot of people don't like Cherry but for the most part, he does know what he's talking about. I mean Ron Maclean knows that Cherry can get out of hand but hey it's live TV(well not anymore I guess). Everybody knows who Don Cherry is now because of his reamarks. It really is no big suprise what he has to say. A lot of people call him a racist or a bigot but that's totally false. I never heard him once call Jerome Iginla down because of the colour of his skin, has anybody??? I can guarantee you there will be alot more viewers tomorrow night that's for sure. Way to go Grapes....

RATINGS++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++