• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Coachella!!!!!!!!!!

VinylRach

TRIBE Promoter
Wow. Now i can officially say i partied with rockstars. That was the LONGEST and MOST FUN two days of my entire life...
I was lucky enough to be going there with an derrick Carter...so we had backstage passes to every show and catered food and open bar. I met so many people i dont even know where to start. The COOLEST probably being Sean Lennon...Then the plastic california crew arrived...Nikky Hilton, Nicole Richie et al....

MUSIC: The best preformer i saw (and i'm not even into him) was James Blunt. We were front row centre...and that guy can SING. The energy he fed to the crowd was unbelievable.
We brought Derrick to play at 615...and Colette was on before him SHE KICKED ASS she really rocked it...completely different then her Beba show a couple months ago for Dayhotas birthday.
I have AWESOME pictures of the crowd and Derrick because we were on stage with him...it was great to see his following in another country...He's so talented and was so excited to play at Coachella.

Carl Cox was great...really great...He's a pretty funny guy got some good pics with him too
The Yeah Yeah Yeahs played SUCH a good show as well...that chick has some awesome vocals...I heard a lot of the crowd saying she's the last real female rockstar left...interesting.
Kelly was really into Sigor Rus so we checked that out...Not my kinda thing, kinda sounded like whale music but they had twenty people on that stage with all different instruments so it was pretty cool..
Gotta say....Depeche Mode Kinda blew. It was pretty boring...and everyone left in the middle of the show. I went to the bar...got more loaded until they played personal Jesus which was pretty cool.
DAFT PUNK was AWESOME i really think the y're way ahead of their time...lots of cool lights and such.

2nd day was way better. Drank for 22 hours. i think i still have a hangover. That Kanye guy was there...not really into that stuff...so didn't watch it but people seemed to really like him. Louis Vega played an awesome set...really good funky Latin house...Got to party with him later in the night...he said he's really excited for playing in Toronto Friday...you guys wont miss out he's awesome. he gave me one of his new cds its pretty awesome.
OF COURSE Kaskade was great. i got to see him before he went on...he was great...he's myf avourite dj there's nothing really else i can say about him!
Paul Oakenfold was pretty good. most of the people there were waiting to see Madonna...so i'm not sure if they were really into him...but he played that track from Trainspotting and everyone went nuts...
MADONNA: So she's fucking hot man. she is such a good dancer and she was wearing pants and leotard...rips off the leotard and goes "How do you like my ass??" She had the entire crowd chanting "Can't you see that i can be your baby" it was awesome. Luckily i was so close i've got really good shots of her dancing...
I'll have to figure out how to get one of those sites that you post pics on so you can see them...
Best Memory EVER: Doing Jagermeister shots in Derricks trailer with Lady Sovereign and Carl Cox.

Off to Venice to the LA Music Awards...!!

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
"every night with my star friends
we eat caviar and drink champagne
sniffing in the v.i.p. area
we talk about frank sinatra
you know frank sinatra?
he's dead... dead!
ha ha ha!"

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
The Coachella Review Thread

This thread is for reviews other than VinylRach's because any real reviews will most likely get lost in the bashing in that thread.

I for one would love to hear how it went and how the performances were.

Anyone?

kmac

TRIBE Member
One time I thought I saw Denzel Washington at a Starbucks on La Cienega Blvd., but it turns out it was just some black guy.

Resolver

TRIBE Member
Wow Sage lighten up! It's her opinion on how the party went. She went, you didn't and now you're mocking her by starting another thread?
Are you some sort of GOD? Do you own TRIBE? No siree///
What gives?

Res

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
I'm not mocking her (in this thread). I just thought other reviews would get lost in what is sure to be a shitshow in the other thread.

Agent Smith

TRIBE Member
Resolver said:
Wow Sage lighten up! It's her opinion on how the party went. She went, you didn't and now you're mocking her by starting another thread?
Are you some sort of GOD? Do you own TRIBE? No siree///
What gives?

Res
She won't sleep with you.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
hahahahahaha I think Colin is probably in my top 5 favorite people on tribe!

now if you want to defend/attack/sleepwith VinylRash do it in the other thread.

Flashy_McFlash

Well-Known TRIBEr
VinylRach said:
Best Memory EVER: Doing Jagermeister shots in Derricks trailer with Lady Sovereign and Carl Cox, after which I lost my ass virginity to some guy who said he was a roadie for the Foo Fighters but never provided any evidence to back up such a claim. In any case, he seems to have loosened up whatever's been stuck up there for the past several months.
So hot.

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
Yeah its alot of name dropping but it seems like she's just really excited over her weekend. If I had a weekend like that, I'd probably write something similar but be an asshole by adding "btw, naa na naaaa na naaaa na" at the end of it all.

Kalemic

TRIBE Promoter
Snapper said:
I'll sleep with you, and then we can create our own thread about us sleeping with each other.
Its too late! Colin's saving himself for me for when we get married.

*does menacing fist waving in Colin's direction*

Riiiiiiight?

dg0425

TRIBE Member
I knew it was going to be good as soon as I read, "I was lucky enough to be going there with an derrick Carter."