• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Coachella 2004

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

maddog

TRIBE Member
well if ur planning to actually go then ya it does matter , i mean i love Radiohead especially live but ima hold out on making flight arrangements etc.. till i find out the rest of the lineup

roojew

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
I am a Radiohead fan but not enough to fly out to Cali just to see -them-...especially since they were just here a few months ago.

~jen

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Coachella 2004

Originally posted by Adam
Other than Radiohead? Does it matter?
I'm going to take that as sarcasm.

Even I'm getting sick of AHTR (All Hail to Radiohead).

juice

TRIBE Member
I seriously might be going ... that's right around when we're planning a west coast roadtrip. Radiohead! Pixies! and so many more.

Adam

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Re: Coachella 2004

Originally posted by MoFo
I'm going to take that as sarcasm.

Even I'm getting sick of AHTR (All Hail to Radiohead).
Yes, I'm kidding.

But seriously, come on. Hating Radiohead to be cool is so 1998.

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Velvet Underground "tentatively booked" for the second night.

!!!!

From Pitchfork (contained in Radiohead/Pixies/Kraftwerk announcement):

Prior to this afternoon, the only confirmed acts for Coachella 2004 were Prefuse 73, Air, The Thrills, Electric Six, Sahara Hotnights, and (International) Noise Conspiracy.

~jen

kerouacdude

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rejenerate
Velvet Underground "tentatively booked" for the second night.

!!!!
haha...who comes up with this crap??
Sterling Morrison is dead - Lou's gone on record as saying any VU talk died with him - aside from the fact that Lou and John can't get along, which was why the '93 "reunion" went over like a lead balloon.

Stormshadow

TRIBE Member
I'm driving to Coachella this year, and nothing's stopping me.
I don't care if I go by myself, or even with a yellow dog with big shiney eyes.

Adam

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by kerouacdude
haha...who comes up with this crap??
Sterling Morrison is dead - Lou's gone on record as saying any VU talk died with him - aside from the fact that Lou and John can't get along, which was why the '93 "reunion" went over like a lead balloon.
Haha, they're being smartasses. The actual title was:

"Neutral Milk Hotel, Velvet Underground, Howard Dean booked for second night"

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/04-01/14.shtml

Adam

TRIBE Member
Pitchfork are..they're always smartasses.

Neutral Milk Hotel just broke up, and Pitchfork has a hard-on for them. Same with VU.

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Adam
Pitchfork are..they're always smartasses.

Neutral Milk Hotel just broke up, and Pitchfork has a hard-on for them. Same with VU.
Ah weird...all I could find on Neutral Milk Hotel was:

Although all the members are still active with one another in other projects, it is unknown if they'll release anymore albums as NMH. But there are are plans to release a NMH rarities/b-sides album eventually on the label Orange Twin.

I guess I missed the humour.

~jen

The Truth

TRIBE Member
The Cure have now also been confirmed..promoting their recently released B-Sides/Rarities box set "Join the Dots"

thom100

TRIBE Member
I just got word that I have accreditation (photo pass) for this! sweet, now just gotta find the best way down....I might drive so if I need to fill up my car then I'll post it in the roll calls.

And if I don't drive Im going to rent a car and either drive outta LAX ,Palm Spings , or make the trek from Vegas, so if you need a lift keep intouch.....this is going to amazing.

zoo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Stormshadow
I'm driving to Coachella this year, and nothing's stopping me.
I don't care if I go by myself, or even with a yellow dog with big shiney eyes.
for real?

i was considering going, but all i want to take is some baseball gloves, a pair of jumper cables and a set of golf clubs ...