• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Clubs in Manchester?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Dirtymatt

TRIBE Member
You lucky boy J-man! Manchester is a great place to be at the moment for clubbing as the scene is really hitting off. I would recommend Sankey's Soap- probably my favourite club of all time. Its not that big so it has a nice cosy feel to it, the bouncers are pretty laid back- expect a good search but no sack grabbing, there is no dress code either, but try no to wear white trainers (ie Reebok Classics) or Rockport or anything like that. Its has a courtyard in the middle of the club which i a great place to chill and then the main room off to one side. They often have great acts on for a reasonable price (between 10 and 15 pounds), last week my brother saw Tim Deluxe there. However, it is very hard to find unless you know your way around the city, or you get a cab.
If you want something a bit bigger then try Ascension which is more of a harder club, think Uk hard house on Saturdays. I havent been yet because they shut unexpectedly the night I was going, which was shit, Thursday is a student night there so expect average music and loads of drunken English interlectuals (supposedly).
Another place that I dont know that much about but is supposed to be good is Tangled- but you would have to look that up on a site online. Hope this helps, and remember to take your umbrella with you!

swilly

TRIBE Member
I think good greif has a night in manchester last time i was therer or garlands in liverpool just a short train ride away
that was a while back though as well.
you could hit up my favorite club funkissential in leeds!!!!!

also a short train is well short by canadian standards
have fun though

If they have one in manchester i cant remeber!!! go to revolution its this super nice vodka bar where you sample 100s of types of vodka and they usually have nice funky house. great place to start off the evening or go for breakfast or a a carry on for sunday
later
william

Last edited:

swilly

TRIBE Member
i think 4clubbers.net is another one that might give you listings

but by far the best info and more than any of us could provide is mixmag. It will provide all the info you need and who will be in which clubs which night and dress codes and crowd etc...

Sorta like a lonley planet for clubbing minus the travelling and cultural enrichment part but still the information and getting drunk part and pages thing

hope that helps
orrr depending how long you are going to be there

Go to tidy weekender that is in march i think
http://www.tidy.com/paris/frameset_tidy.asp?page=tidy_weekender.asp

swilly

Last edited:

Dirtymatt

TRIBE Member
Goodgreef night as mentioned by swilly is in Ascension, and Garlands in Liverpool has just re opened. If you are willing to travel to Liverpool go to Chibuku shake shake as this is an amazing club.

Manchester does have a Revolution which is pretty cool, as is Jar bar which has 2-4-1 cocktails on Thursdays.

Have a great time and let me know where you hit up.

Matt

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories