• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

clubowner letter

careygirl

TRIBE Member
Okay, this is VERY rough:

go ahead, lemme have it. I can take it

PPP LOGO HERE

Dear Club Owner;

As we’re sure you’re aware, the Toronto rave scene is under attack. Mayor Lastman and Police Chief Fantino are set on shutting us down. If we’re going to fight them and win, we need your help.

Clubs and raves are intricately connected in Toronto’s vibrant nightlife scene, and whatever happens to raves in the next few months will also affect you. First and most importantly, the provincial anti-rave bill, Bill 73, targets any establishment where dancing occurs between the hours of 2 a.m. and 6 p.m. This will slam down on legitimate clubs and afterhours as well as raves, both sanctioned and illegal. Furthermore, once Fantino has finished his rampage and realizes that drugs are still a part of society, who’s to say he won’t start railing against the club scene? The bottom line is, you add legitimacy to our cause, and we are your loyal patrons. If we stand together, we have a better chance of protecting what we’ve all worked so hard to create.

We’re not asking you for much. If you would like to lend your vocal support to our cause and speak out, or perhaps contribute to fundraising efforts by donating some of door proceeds, donating your space for an evening, or even just letting us put a donation jar at your door on some slower nights. At the very least, please let us put posters and/or information regarding the Party People Project, the idance rally and Bill 73 with the rest of the flyers within your doors.

If you would like to get involved, please contact partypeopleproject@mail.com (check address). If you so desire, anonymity is guaranteed.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration!

Sincerely,
The Party People Project

Mark McC

TRIBE Member
In general this is quite a good introductory letter.
In order to minimize what it looks like we're asking for, I would change the "to get involved" line at the end to a "for more information" line, and provide not only the email address -- partypeopleproject@mail.com, i believe -- but our web site, www.partypeopleproject.com

i also think this letter could be a link on that web site, in case web-surfing club owners out there stumble across it.

nice work!

mmcc

careygirl

TRIBE Member
Here's the revised version: if there's no major concerns, let's call it done and get it out there! I can personalize them, etc, if someone has a list of names.
peas,
carey

PPP LOGO HERE
Dear Club Owner;
As we’re sure you’re aware, the Toronto rave scene is under attack. Mayor Lastman and Police Chief Fantino are set on shutting us down. If we’re going to fight them and win, we need your help.

We believe that Toronto's thriving party scene is key in bringing tourism dollars and building a name for our city. Clubs and raves are intricately connected in Toronto’s vibrant nightlife scene, and whatever happens to raves in the next few months will also affect you. First and most importantly, the provincial anti-rave bill, Bill 73, targets any establishment where dancing occurs between the hours of 2 a.m. and 6 p.m. This will slam down on legitimate clubs and afterhours as well as raves, both sanctioned and illegal. Furthermore, once Fantino has finished his rampage and realizes that drugs are still a part of society, who’s to say he won’t start railing against the club scene?

We are fighting for representation within this process to ensure our scene is protected. The bottom line is, you add legitimacy to our cause, and we are your loyal patrons. If we stand together, we have a better chance of protecting what we’ve all worked so hard to create.

We’re not asking you for much. Please consider lending your vocal support to our cause and speak out, or make a financial contribution to our fight. At the very least, please let us put posters and/or information regarding the Party People Project, the idance rally and Bill 73 within your club, or add a link to your club to our website to show your support.

If you would like more information, please contact partypeopleproject@mail.com, or check out our website at www.partypeopleproject.com.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration!

Sincerely,
The Party People Project
phone contact: Alex D. @ 778-4115

Mark McC

TRIBE Member
i'd like to sign off on this but i'm still concerned that asking the clubs for money isn't a good way to start asking for support. if you must include a request for financial support (which i can understand may seem to club owners like a more viable, lower-profile way to support the cause), the letter should also clearly indicate the purpose and intended use of the funds (ie support of the iDance rally? legal war chest?).
otherwise i say it's a go!

cheers
mmcc

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

careygirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Mark McC:
i'd like to sign off on this but i'm still concerned that asking the clubs for money isn't a good way to start asking for support. if you must include a request for financial support (which i can understand may seem to club owners like a more viable, lower-profile way to support the cause), the letter should also clearly indicate the purpose and intended use of the funds (ie support of the iDance rally? legal war chest?).
otherwise i say it's a go!

cheers
mmcc
Mark,
I don't have my heart set on asking them for $$; it's not really the job of the media cell, anyway. i fpple reallywnt to give $$, they'll give it anyway, and this way we won't insult anyone. Thanks for hte input
peas,
Carey