• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Clubbing in Ireland

deevah

TRIBE Member
Will be going later this year - just starting some prelim info gathering...Will be staying mostly in Galway but definitely mobile...
anyone know anything about the partying scene there? It seems DnB is pretty big there...

I'll take recommendations on places to check out...

Thx in advance!
 

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Galway had a few small joints... nothing major.

The night i went it was mostly hard house and tech house...wasn;t really that good.

Dublin is far livelier and u really should make the trip...the Templ Bar District, The Kitchen, The Red Box, The Pod...alot to choose from.

drum n bass has a bit of a following but doesn't seem to be as big as it once was, especially now that Quadrophenia @The Kitchen is no longer running.

u heading to the North at all?
 

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
Galway is so beautiful though...

Chris - was the name of that club in Temple Bar where we went for the dnb night 'Switch'?

THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!
 

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by janiecakes
Galway is so beautiful though...

Chris - was the name of that club in Temple Bar where we went for the dnb night 'Switch'?

THAT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!
aye Switch...amazing venue..in a cellar.

but i'm not 100% sure the dnb night is still running...last time i checked (in Muzik mag) it had changed...then again, it may have reverted...or there may be other dnb nights in the city.
 

deevah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rentboy
Galway had a few small joints... nothing major.

The night i went it was mostly hard house and tech house...wasn;t really that good.

Dublin is far livelier and u really should make the trip...the Templ Bar District, The Kitchen, The Red Box, The Pod...alot to choose from.

drum n bass has a bit of a following but doesn't seem to be as big as it once was, especially now that Quadrophenia @The Kitchen is no longer running.

u heading to the North at all?
Will prolly head all over the island - Dublin will definitely be on the list...last time i was there was over 5 yrs ago and there wasn't much happening in Galway @ all...as to north of the republic, prolly not

red box looks like something i'll definitely check out

if u know any sites, i'll take a look @ them too
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

rentboy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by deevah

if u know any sites, i'll take a look @ them too
best going on search engines for info for clubs and what not...there's alot to see and do.

Galway was beautiful and there were alot of tourists around...good hostels too.
 

deevah

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rentboy
best going on search engines for info for clubs and what not...there's alot to see and do.

Galway was beautiful and there were alot of tourists around...good hostels too.
I've been there already, staying w/ my dad & stepmom just outside galway...no need for hostels...when we do travel, we'll prolly do some b&bs...try to stay @ some converted castles
 

Boo

TRIBE Member
I'm typing this right now in Dublin, Ireland on dame st about 3 mins from temple bar...

I've never been to Galway but I do know that Dublin is a much livlier city, but Galway has a big student poplation and a great buzz for a small city.

I don't really know of much "dance" clubs so to speak. The redbox and POD is pretty cool www.pod.ie and I've been to switch but it was dead and sketchy the night I went.

The kitchen may be closed, as I went there a couple of months ago on a sturday night and there wasn't even a bouncer outside the door. From what I hear it closed down a last year... but I'm not positive.

Just go to Harcourt st (same street as redbox) The clubs there are less well known by tourists like temple bar and tend to have a better vibe.
 
Top