• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Cleaning Haus

Beats-Mistress

TRIBE Member
Has anyone ever had to cut ties with a good friends bc of another?

How does one do this without upsetting them?

And has your experience been a good or a bad one?

Beats-Mistress

TRIBE Member
ndrwrld said:
need more information.
Will try my best...
It's like things or gossip always follows one X friend...who is close to a really nice Y person.
So you decide...how you don't need problems in your life and you wanna put some distance from the one X friend....yet the nice Y person is always including you with the one X friend.

So now I've had decide to just put distance from both cuz it's better than expressing your feelings about the one X friend and having the nice Y person thinking something horrible of you...or even worse..the one X friend starting gossip.

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
man

if your good friends dont have the due consideration to respect that you no longer want to be close to someone, and continually try and make it so you all hang out, i would make it abundently clear.

be straight up and tell your friends whats goin on.

if you cant be honest with them, even if it does hurt them, then how are you being any better a friend to them?

[jai]

bmoneyhoney

TRIBE Member
why would you cut a friend off you like without chatting with them first? if i had a problem with someone that one of my friends was bringing out all the time, i would let them know I was not down with hanging out with said friend and just make plans to hang around with nice friend.

Communication is key.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Beats-Mistress

TRIBE Member
How does that saying go...

If you've got nothing good to say...then don't say it.

I feel uncomfortable telling someone that I don't want to be near their friend...bc the next question that will follow is...BUT WHY?
How do u tell a nice Y person that their friend X makes problems for you without bringing more problems or drama to your life.

Isn't it better to just be civil and cut all ties. This way...there is no reason for your name to be uttered in gossip or inuendos

D1Willow

TRIBE Member
Does Y have knowledge of X's misdeeds? Maybe imply that you just need some space from x, but you would appreciate this not becoming 'public knowledge'.
:confused:

swenard

TRIBE Member
Beats-Mistress said:
How does that saying go...

If you've got nothing good to say...then don't say it.

I feel uncomfortable telling someone that I don't want to be near their friend...bc the next question that will follow is...BUT WHY?
How do u tell a nice Y person that their friend X makes problems for you without bringing more problems or drama to your life.

Isn't it better to just be civil and cut all ties. This way...there is no reason for your name to be uttered in gossip or inuendos

I thnk it is the easy way out,not the civil way. Either way, you're not going to be talking to either friend anymore. At least you would be the mature one about it.

Rajio

Well-Known TRIBEr
if you distance yourself from Y without explaining the situation with X then don't you think Y will hate you even more for it? atleast if you eplain it a little, then Y might even unerstand and help facilitate insulating you from their friendship with X while still maintiaining a freindship with you.

you just start pushing Y away, how do you think Y is going to feel about themselves?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kyfe

TRIBE Member
you should confront x and deal with it like a grown up, if they don't get it then let the childishness insue

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Beats-Mistress said:
Has anyone ever had to cut ties with a good friends bc of another?

How does one do this without upsetting them?

And has your experience been a good or a bad one?
a) yes, and quite recently

2) somethings you just can't avoid

d) uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly...

noodle

TRIBE Member
bmoneyhoney said:
why would you cut a friend off you like without chatting with them first? if i had a problem with someone that one of my friends was bringing out all the time, i would let them know I was not down with hanging out with said friend and just make plans to hang around with nice friend.

Communication is key.
Good advice.

There is no "nice" way of dealing this type of situation. If you honestly feel that strongly about friend "X", you owe it to yourself and friend "y" to get the truth out there. If you end up freezing them both out and/or lying about the situation, you ultimately become the bigger bitch in the end.

Be prepared for ugliness or else suck it up and deal with friend "x".