• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

cleaning hats?

AshG

i've got a couple hats i haven't wore in nigh on a 'coon's age, and i think i'd like to get back into them.

but this one in parcticular:
its a red chordouroy piece of work, with this embroidered weiner jumping up and down across the front of the hat with a big grin on his face, framed by the words "LET IT ALL HANG OUT" prominently displayed in blazing blue.

how does one safely clean such a garment?

i've got other hats in need of cleaning as well, but i suspect that the one above may be most difficult.

beatjunkie

TRIBE Member
I always wash on the "delicate" setting of the washing machine and let air dry. OR for best results wear until dry.

sk8

TRIBE Member
i am assuming this is a baseball hat?

if you want to do it by hand you can just use soap, water and a toothbrush

i think you can put hats in the dishwasher? a friend of mine did this....

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by AshG
i've got a couple hats i haven't wore in nigh on a 'coon's age, and i think i'd like to get back into them.

but this one in parcticular:
its a red chordouroy piece of work, with this embroidered weiner jumping up and down across the front of the hat with a big grin on his face, framed by the words "LET IT ALL HANG OUT" prominently displayed in blazing blue.

how does one safely clean such a garment?

i've got other hats in need of cleaning as well, but i suspect that the one above may be most difficult.
I bought a device just for such a thing where you put the hat on a plastic mold then stick it in the washer. I got it at Wal-mart for only a couple of bucks.

AshG

Originally posted by Syntax Error
toothbrush and some elbow grease(which you can get a the home depot for around $29.95).
good.
if its one thing i haven't yet had any use for in my life, its elbow grease. now i know.

i don't have a dishwasher, so i guess i'll try the toothbrush method.

Smiley Jo

TRIBE Member
I totally can't picture you in a hat Mr. Gleeson.
Not saying it would be a bad thing - just can't picture it.

SJ

AshG

Originally posted by Smiley Jo
I totally can't picture you in a hat Mr. Gleeson.
Not saying it would be a bad thing - just can't picture it.

SJ
hey, i might wear it tonight!

i have very little respect for any semblance of fashion sense.
actually i constantly feel a somewhat disturbing inclination to embrace the stupid and nonsensical.
and that's just when i hang with my brother!
*drum roll, smash!*

har, har.

well, i'm going to try that pillowcase trick!