• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Citzenfour - the Edward Snowden documentary

Primavera

TRIBE Member
Saw this last night at TIFF Lightbox, thought it was great.

Absolutely terrifiying stuff, horror movie of the year.

Recommended.

praktik

TRIBE Member
COMING UP! The chat should be cool....

Saw it a few weeks ago - glad to see the recognition at the awards which will hopefully turn more people onto it!

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

Elemento

TRIBE Member
That chat has been happening for a while. There was one with Noam Chomsky yesterday that is available on Amy Goodman's news website. It doesnt have neither the substance nor the fanfare of the 2-minute synopses provided by the Academy Winners of the year. I think it is a genuine act but they are better off providing that timely input in their areas of expertise. As for the tories, I hardly understand why someone start posting things up when the goal is to bring them down.The lack of sources shows how ill-prepared they are for providing more than insightful lines of analysis. That hardly is ripe for contention let alone critique.

Last edited:

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
Excellent doc. Even I was surprised by the specifics of some of the stuff. Real life bourne identity type shit.

Greenwald's book "No Place to Hide" goes into more detail on the content of the doc and the papers. Recommended reading if you liked Citizenfour.

praktik

TRIBE Member
^^ Thats the value, the detail!

Of course been posting about GG and Snowden for years on this board, probably haven't missed a GG post in years - and have delved into the snowden leaks through a lot of other writers too - but still, to see them in the hotel there as this was breaking was amazing and really fleshed out the narrative that I had only read in piecemeal...

Just to say, this doc is worthwhile even for those who feel well-read on the subject!

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
thanks.
watched the first hour, took a break as a pal came by.
that link no longer plays that movie.
interesting...

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Primadonga, i'm not worried, just asking if anyone elses video plays. mine doesn't. simple question.
jesus.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
i'll admit, the first 25 minutes were a bit meh, but then it got real good. especially when Snowden's girlfriend said there were umpteen utility trucks outside her house doing work.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
i asked, at the time of my post, if the link was working then, at the time of my post.
fuck it, i'm done.
*drops mic*

derek

TRIBE Member
there wasn't too much that surprised me but then i've always been convinced big brother is watching.

what was cool were the systems / platforms he described that were being used: prism / tempora (while i understood at high level they were spying, i wasn't familiar with the platforms or how it necessarily worked), and the levels of clearance operators get. that NSA internal wiki page was interesting.

interesting doc for sure. it does start slow though.

dstarr

TRIBE Member
i'll admit, the first 25 minutes were a bit meh, but then it got real good. especially when Snowden's girlfriend said there were umpteen utility trucks outside her house doing work.
The concern and stress you can see on his face as this stuff is going down really shows what he sacrificed.

It's also scary when he's generally paranoid about them tapping into his phones... and the scene with the fire alarm is also really creepy.

praktik

TRIBE Member
What came out of it for me was how genuine Snowden appeared - really put the lie to the propaganda about him!