• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

CityTV videos

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by rejenerate
A) I hate children

B) Moses left the company quite a while ago.

~jen

I'm glad you've seen my point and opted to change the topic of conversation. I myself like ice cream and furry cats.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Aser

TRIBE Member
http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=811254

all this "on camera" talk is a bit overboard.

First of all, how can he tell when he's on or off? He's working in an open concept newsroom. So are you suggesting he should be politically correct everyday at work? That's impossible, and you know it. Note how the cameramen and producers count down to signal taping. So I'm sure half the times he's not even aware of the fact he's being taped. Also, so what if he's being taped, he knows it's not meant for public consumption anyway. I'm sure we've all goofed off on home video before, this is the same to me.

Obviously this is an inside job, somebody was out to get him. But I've also heard of the Christmas reel tapes. Obviously these clips were readily available considering how many people have worked there over the life span of Citytv.

Put yourself in Gord's shoes, I'm sure we would behave in a similar manner eventually. He's worked there for like 25 yrs, so he must feel pretty damn comfortable at his job. I see nothing wrong with it.......

The Gilmour clip is great btw.

Last edited:

rejenerate

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Aser
http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=811254

all this "on camera" talk is a bit overboard.

First of all, how can he tell when he's on or off? He's working in an open concept newsroom. So are you suggesting he should be politically correct everyday at work? That's impossible, and you know it. Note how the cameramen and producers count down to signal taping. So I'm sure half the times he's not even aware of the fact he's being taped. Also, so what if he's being taped, he knows it's not meant for public consumption anyway. I'm sure we've all goofed off on home video before, this is the same to me.

Obviously this is an inside job, somebody was out to get him. But I've also heard of the Christmas reel tapes. Obviously these clips were readily available considering how many people have worked there over the life span of Citytv.

Put yourself in Gord's shoes, I'm sure we would behave in a similar manner eventually. He's worked there for like 25 yrs, so he must feel pretty damn comfortable at his job. I see nothing wrong with it.......

The Gilmour clip is great btw.

Sorry, still can't agree...I see how the newsroom works on a daily basis, and how many people are in there. And especially with CP24 there are -always- cameras on...in fact, I'm able to watch what the anchors do during commercial breaks on in-house cable. It's rather amusing. FYI, cameras are always filming what goes on Speaker's Corner, whether you put in a loonie or not.

Gord knew he was being taped...in fact, some of the jokes he made were while he was filming promos...notice how fast he goes back into "serious news anchor Gord" when he needs to.

As for the PC thing, well, I don't think I've ever done the "homo Roch Voisine" dance or anything close to it on home video or at work...you also cannot compare home video to this as there is a big difference between goofing around with friends you know you won't offend, and doing this in front of a big room of people you're supposed to have a professional relationship with.

I don't really care what Gord thinks or feels about anything, but mocking news stories and public figures on camera is a really dumb move and after 25 years, he should know better. He doesn't know everyone in the newsroom, doesn't know who might get offended or pissed off...and then it leads to this.

~jen