• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Cinematic techno

basilisk

TRIBE Member
Is there anything out there you'd give this description to? I'm curious...

Groups like Opsis, The Delta, and Tetraktys all have some material that qualifies, but this isn't really sourced from the techno side of things...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

ktown

TRIBE Member
can someone define "Cinematic techno" for me . seriously . i'm not sure what you're talking about . and a lot of these artists listed so far are news to me

oooh . teach the young grasshoppa

;)

musork

TRIBE Member
when i think if cenimatic techno i thing of the kompakt ambient type of stuff... or stuff on leaf....or artists on noise factory records..

Nesta

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sweetdaddy
Peter Benisch (FPU) did make an album called "music for soundtracks" (or something like that) once.
it's called 'soundtrack saga', and it's the most stunning album i own.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

gsnuff

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by ktown
can someone define "Cinematic techno" for me . seriously . i'm not sure what you're talking about . and a lot of these artists listed so far are news to me

oooh . teach the young grasshoppa

;)
He meant soundtrack-ish sounding techno. Straightforward really..

There is a world of film music that is very far removed from John Edwards and Danny Elfman fanfare. 'Wallpaper' music with a tip of the cap to both Eric Satie and Brian Eno.

A more interesting search, in my opinion would not be to look for cinematic sounding techno but rather, technolike filmscores. The best I've heard in recent years is Cliff Martinez's score for Solaris which while lacking in the bleep factor, is extremely invested in repetition and damn beautiful.

gsnuff

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by gsnuff
,,very far removed from John Edwards and Danny Elfman fanfare.
John Edwards? I meant John Williams. For reasons unknown I am still thinking about the 04 Democratic capaign.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders