• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Church

Originally posted by Colm
Thanks!

I've dealt with brainwashed zombies quite a bit, and for the most part, they are quite nice... but really set in their ways, close-minded and well, zombie-like.

It's better to talk to a brick wall.

Originally posted by pr0nstar
I found it was hypocritical to go only on the Holidays with your family, etc.. when you don't truly believe in it.

Why is it hypocritical?

I only go to Church at Christmas. My parents go regularly and its sort of a present to my Mom, as she likes to go to Church as a family.

Subscribe to Cannabis Goldsmith, wherever you get your podcasts
I used to go to church as a lad. I would go with my piercings in, green hair, ripped jeans, etc... I don't think they would outkast you for the way you look. As if they do you can call teh mother fucking hypocrites. I had sex in church too...

Originally posted by squirrely
anyone know of a nice little church in the yonge/eglinton area?

St. Clement's on Duplex between St. Clement's and Briar Hill has a fnatastic carol service at 7 (big organ = big, joyous, enrapturing music) and then another one at 11.

Originally posted by xsre
St. Clement's on Duplex between St. Clement's and Briar Hill has a fnatastic carol service at 7 (big organ = big, joyous, enrapturing music) and then another one at 11.

nice! that is exactly what i want.

will you be going?

I share the view, that going to a building that is elaborately decorated to worship an entity that may or may not exist, in order to pay for the elaborate decorations that have generally little to do with entity that is supposed to be worshipped, as hypocritical. To go to one of these places to partake in the backward methods of worship dictated by far-from pious individuals that take advantage of their supposed placement, is in many ways, asinine. With particular reverence to the fact that scandal has often shaken the supposed foundations of fundamentals that are often preached, but never practiced.

It is with these reasons, and many more that i have decided to denounce my faith (roman catholicism) and become an agnostic deist.

Reason does not allow for the existence of a "personal" god as many of these so called religions would have you believe.
Then again of course, the old latin word of Religios means to be tied or bound against your will.

Having faith in such a manner that "bounds" the soul and body to commit itself to worship in ways that are perverse and are diluted versions of the originals is not exactly a freedom that one should be entitled to.

therefore, i believe that 95% of religions are crap, because they demand the unreasonable.

I am become shiva. Destroyer of worlds. - Baghvat Gita

The last time I was in a church was for a wedding. And beside the confessional booths there was a redlight and a greenlight. So I just figured that if the Green Light lit up, you're a saint, and if the REd light lit up, you're a sinner and you're going to hell.

When I asked the priest/father/messenger of god guy about this, he didn't take it as light heartedly as I thought he would. Maybe it was because he dinnit have enought wine and biscuits from the back....and this coming from a priest, who in his speech, said that Toronto is selfish or some crap like that....then he proceeded to say that a community is like 2 pennies, you rub them together and they shine!! I don't think he liked me because I burst out laughing my ass off at the back of the church.

Kudos to you God, you've got a great sense of humor,

I haven't been to church for years, no desire to return what so ever.

Ever since that priest made a pass at me...

Religion to me is a real personal thing. I admire Eastern religions because worship is more of personal experience that people do on their own time. I get really bothered by the fact that Western religions are so collective and people feel so 'obligated' to partake. To me, spirituality and a relationship with a higher order is something that is gained through life experiences and not by singing hymns with a group of people.

I thought this was going to be a thread about the Comfort Zone.

No church for this girl. However I am a very spiritual person.:)