• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Christmas this year is going to be shitty.... guess I'm not that lucky afterall

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I've been feeling crappy for a couple weeks. Then I noticed a small rash on my ribs. Next the pain started and it turns out I have shingles. So painful. It's like someone is stabbing me repeatedly in the chest with a knife. I had to get a perscription filled that costs 180 bucks. Plus I can't drink until new years. I was suposed to go snowboarding boxing day but just sitting here hurts.

Stupid chiciken pox virus getting reactivated. Usually old people get shingles. In rare instances young people develop it.

I should change my name to unlucky1:(

Cri

TRIBE Member
awwwe :( I'm sorry..that really sucks..especially around this time of year.

Hope that medication kicks in as fast as it can!!

stargurl*

TRIBE Member
You're not the only one having a shitty Christmas, hang in there.

We drove to Michigan Sunday afternoon, my cousin passed away that night, we drove home Monday. We have to go through the motions of Christmas then go back this weekend, visitation is Friday and the Funeral is Saturday. Twenty five is too young to die :(

catilyst

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stargurl*
You're not the only one having a shitty Christmas, hang in there.

We drove to Michigan Sunday afternoon, my cousin passed away that night, we drove home Monday. We have to go through the motions of Christmas then go back this weekend, visitation is Friday and the Funeral is Saturday. Twenty five is too young to die :(
very sorry to hear that stargurl*

and shingles aren't fun either.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

lucky1

TRIBE Member
anyone who has had chicken pox can get it. The chicken pox virus once you get over it, never really leaves the body but is store in the spine and can somehow become active again. Then it travels along nerves until it reaches the skin . Different than chicken pox beacause only a small aea becomes affected. The pain is not so much on the surface, but along the nerves.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
apparantly there is now a chicken pox vacine so you can avoid getting chicken pox. (my doctor told me):) (too late to help me though)

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
Chickenpox is in the herpesvirus group, and like with any herpesvirus (cold sores, genital herpes, etc.), it can stay dormant in the nerve root for a really long time.

catilyst

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by lucky1
anyone who has had chicken pox can get it. The chicken pox virus once you get over it, never really leaves the body but is store in the spine and can somehow become active again. Then it travels along nerves until it reaches the skin . Different than chicken pox beacause only a small aea becomes affected. The pain is not so much on the surface, but along the nerves.
My grandmother who is already somewhat 'confused' has shingles. I guess you could be happy you're younger and have more energy to deal with it.

greasy joe

TRIBE Member
I've been feeling crappy for a couple weeks. Then I noticed a small rash on my ribs. Next the pain started and it turns out I have shingles. So painful. It's like someone is stabbing me repeatedly in the chest with a knife. I had to get a perscription filled that costs 180 bucks. Plus I can't drink until new years. I was suposed to go snowboarding boxing day but just sitting here hurts.

Stupid chiciken pox virus getting reactivated. Usually old people get shingles. In rare instances young people develop it.

You are a whinning puke... in some third world country some kid just lost his arm making your christmas presents... and all you can do is complain about shingles.... you are the apitomy of westernization just as I am the apitomy of grammer.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Aw, sorry man. That totally sucks.
Same with Aimee, sorry for the loss. That's a really horrible Christmas week to have to endure.

Here's hoping things get better in the New Year and I'm wishing both of you to be surrounded by people who care about you and vice versa.

I think now is a crucial time to be a family. Hm.

Damn, that's really sad.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Christmas this year is going to be shitty.... guess I'm not that lucky afterall

Originally posted by greasy joe
You are a whinning puke... in some third world country some kid just lost his arm making your christmas presents... and all you can do is complain about shingles.... you are the apitomy of westernization just as I am the apitomy of grammer.
why don't you take your greasy ass somewhere else where people may care what you think.

Get some braincells before you make such a blatently stupid comment.

windowlicker

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: Christmas this year is going to be shitty.... guess I'm not that lucky afterall

Originally posted by greasy joe
yikes not to mention the epitome of bad spelling

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
If I start writing exactly how I feel right now, I will be banned, because my thoughts are so dark and sad, everybody will be depressed.

So I guess... we have to take whatever good things are left...

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I called the pharmacist to ask bout alcohol and the pillls. she said I could have "a couple" so that is good news :)

Chirstmas in my family is not so much about presents but about getting together to eat and drink. Big drinkers, but happy drunks.

Hawk Eye

TRIBE Member

awwwww
My father had shingles on his head :(
I'm sorry
Shingles is very painful.
Hope you feel better!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

dlerium88

TRIBE Member
I feel for ya. I had shingles when I went to Hawaii, I think I was like 16 or something ridiculous. I WAS IN HAWAII!!! So of course for 4 out of my 7 days (the other 3 it rained) I was bedridden..altough not actually able to lay down because it hurt so much.

There's a prescription you can get? Nobody gave me one, I just had to ride it out. Oh and don't forget the scars..they're finally gone now....like 7 years later! *eek*

P.S. I"m really sorry to hear about your loss Aimee...

Originally posted by afterglow
My parents arent sure if I had them or not when I was a baby. So we'll see lol
I never had any visible chickenpox, though I was sick with a fever for a while.

I was convinced I'd never had chickenpox, but went to get tested last year - sure enough, I have all the indications in my blood that I had them, and am now immune to future cases.

Beware, you should talk to your doc - getting them when you're older is not good (I watched a family friend die of them when he caught them off his son).

Oh yeah, feel better lucky. My roomie @ uni got shingles on her optic nerve (gigantic boil-like growth) and she said it killed. Fortunately she took the meds (which incidentally are similar if not the same ones used for genital herpes) and is totally fine now, never had an outbreak since.

Did you get the meds within 72 hours of the initial outbreak?

Last edited:

Dr. Grinch

TRIBE Member
I got shingles when I was 16(!)
My doctor said that was pretty much the youngest he had ever seen someone get it. It was mostly due to stress from work and school at the time.
I'm pretty sure that's why I'm sick right now as well. Too many hours at work.
I have Pink eye and the flu right now.
Bah humbug.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr

Originally posted by Hawk Eye
My father had shingles on his head
Just like my house!