• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Christmas sucks

swilly

TRIBE Member
shit it aint even christmas yet and i am already starting to get the xmas blues.

My car just broke down and literally all my xmas money has to go into a new axel for it. I hate not having any money for xmas. All my rich relatives get to throw around thier money while i dont even have enough to buy them a bottle of wine each.

This calls for my
Xmas sucks list

-you have to see a bunch of annoying people that you never would associate with other wise

- you have to buy presents for people who dont deserve them.

- You have to visit with annoying relatives who love to hassle you about everything

- Non stop who brought the "white guy" Jokes when i am back on the reservation( i have more olive then dark skin). I dont know how many of you have to go through this but i am sure there might be something similar.

- spending alot of money that i could of saved for something that i could have had fun doing

- you get fat and dont get to exercise much

- your aunties get insulted if you dont eat everything they cook which results in more fatness

But there are good sides as well i suppose

-getting to see my nieces and nephews and getting to play with thier toys and play station 2

- getting to buy toys that i actually want with the excuse of it being for my nephews.

- getting to go sliding with my nieces and nephews and burying them in the snow

- getting drunk for free for a week

- catching up on every movie i have ever wanted to see in the past month

ehhh thats it

honestly i hate xmas i think i am going to change from red indian to east indian and become hindu. That festival of lights looks pretty neat and i bet my aunties wont try and stuff me with pie during that festival.

I could be wrong though

oh well merry xmas

fuzzy

TRIBE Member
The CV shafts on my parents car about to go

I can't wait to hear them bitch when it does happen

I told them to replce the boot when they first tore open but they don't listen

Littlest Hobo

TRIBE Member
I love Christmas, but because I do it on my terms. I only get gifts for my parents, Nana, gf and 5 little cousins. My co-workers give me little do-dads (when I expressedly told them no gifts whatsoever); I don't give them shit in return, and am quite comfortable with that.

Relative's hassling you? Grow a pair and hassle them back!

Getting fat for a week is a good thing. But only for a week.

IgStar

TRIBE Member
People unneccesarily (sp?) stress themselves out.
It doesn't have to be so bloody unbearable ya know! I would never buy gifts for someone who didn't deserve it...
hence, no caused stress about that. And relatives? fuck man, they are relatives...we all gotta put our time in. At least you have a family to spend it with, others aren't so lucky...

swills....buck up man! it ain't THAT bad
:)

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

chooch

TRIBE Member
just like the old saying says...

"you can't keep them down in rural Canada after they have raved all over Europe."

focus on the kids when you are with your family and they will show you how to enjoy it...well, less the free booze.

Happy holidays Swilly.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Once I stopped feeling like I had to eat everything on the table I feel better at Christmas. I use to end up feeling super full and bloated because I didn't want to hurt anyones feelings/ waste food etc.

I now know it's okay to not finish everything on your plate. If your full your full. You have to leave room for after dinner licquers anyways.

As per presents I only give with out expecting things in return. So I try to bo cool gifts that I would like which are reasonably priced. Say 20 bucks friends, 50 bucks family members, and 100 bucks partner.

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
see, i only see people that i WANT to see at christmas. i don't have time to be around people i don't like :p

also, i love my family and i never ever ever get to see them, so christmas is the only time of the year when we are all together. well, except for my sister in ontario, but i see her more often anyways.

food, decorations, festive alcoholic beverages, presents :D

added bonus: school is out, and i don't have to work for a week.

so christmas rocks!

starr

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by geminigirl
Yup....agreed. Shitty attitude.
I don't know.
I agree with him.

I wouldn't go out and by myself $500 worth of gifts in December randomly, so why should I have to do it for other people.

I know I don't *have* to do anything - but in reality we live with other people and have to keep some semblance of harmony.

If I had it my way my family wouldn't do gifts - and one day I'm sure I'll be able to do that...just not yet.

It's just annoying.

exrboy

TRIBE Promoter
I don't think it's a shitty attitude. It's just that during this time of year while I'm out and about, I don't see much of this "X-mas" cheer that people talk about. I see people rushing, pushing, swearing basically being ruder then they normally are. I have seen some instances of X-mas cheer...but the negatives have definately outweighed the positives.

I will say that this is the best X-mas I've had in awhile in terms of gift giving, gift receiving, x-mas parties....blah blah blah.

My number one pet peeve is still X-mas music (except for Southpark X-mas songs) ;)

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
This year my realatives decided not to exchange gifts, which is great. Half of them I see only twice a year. So I only had to buy gifts for my MOm, Brother, a few Friends and my God child. I enjoy Christmas for the most part. I have no big complaints other than I miss my Dad more than anything around Christmas time.:(

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
I think Christmas is what you make of it. If you complain and focus on the shitty stuff, it's gonna be shitty.

Cheer up people!!

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I think Christmas is what you make of it. If you complain and focus on the shitty stuff, it's gonna be shitty.

Cheer up people!!
That's completely true, and so is life. Life is what you make out of it. I am sure that everybody has at least one reason why they look forward to Christmas.
I look forward to spend another one with my mother, because I don't believe I will have another chance again. I pray to God I do, but I am also being realistic and accept the truth.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KillaLadY
That's completely true, and so is life. Life is what you make out of it. I am sure that everybody has at least one reason why they look forward to Christmas.
I look forward to spend another one with my mother, because I don't believe I will have another chance again. I pray to God I do, but I am also being realistic and accept the truth.
I hope you enjoy your Christmas with your Mom as best you can. I have a video tape of my Dad on his very last Christmas that I watch each Christmas. I always have such a big cry watching it.

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
I hope you enjoy your Christmas with your Mom as best you can. I have a video tape of my Dad on his very last Christmas that I watch each Christmas. I always have such a big cry watching it.
And I truly hope you enjoy your Christmas as well, with such a big heart of yours, you deserve to have the best Christmas ever.

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
Usually I really dig Christmas but this year my psychotic family has made it into a big piece of poo and I am definitely not enjoying myself.

I think I'm going to get hammered on Christmas Day with my mum and hopefully that'll make it fun.

mcbee

TRIBE Member
i love christmas!

you get out of it what you put into it. so if you attend each party with a bahhumbug attitude, of course the party will suck. if you go out shopping already pissed off, of course you'll have no fun.

for me, its a time of added closeness and connection with friends and family. i love parties, and over the last few weeks, i've been to many and had a great time! i've seen friends who i dont' see throughout the year very often and its been a blast. starting tomorow i'm off work until january 6, which rocks! i'm spending a few days at my mom and dad's which will be lovely and relaxing.
plus there is so much good food around!!

and shopping for/finding/giving the perfect gift is something i love to do, so i'm in heaven right now!

merry christmas everyone!

:)sarah

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
:)

Now... speaking of Christmas, I already know my Christmas present from the better one... A FRIGGIN FULL SNOWBOARDING GEAR!!!!! Say whaaat?

And I have another 2 small xmas gifts under the tree, but the snowboarding gear... OMG!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories