• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Christmas Diner Menu

ducke

TRIBE Member
Turkey is almost done - The Ham is keeping warm & the veggies are boiling, Upside Down Carmel / Apple Cake = My sister made it :eek:

WHAT TIME IS DINNER - Straving like marvin

Joe Seven

TRIBE Member
Old school xmas dinner here at moms... Turkey, stuffing, squash, peas, mashed potatoes, gravy, and roasted turnips with some kind of salad. The meal will be followed by copius amounts of Stella, chocholate, homemade butter tarts, nuts, a couple butts and maybe a celebrity appearance from JAR.

word! :)

jungalissa

TRIBE Member
I have passed the point of no return. After consuming a million calories in turkey, mashed potato, veggies, cheese, meats, candy, bread, etc etc, I decided I might as well continue to eat everything in sight.....

I can imagine the gym fest that will ensue over the next few days......

tobywan

TRIBE Member
jungalissa said:
I have passed the point of no return. After consuming a million calories in turkey, mashed potato, veggies, cheese, meats, candy, bread, etc etc, I decided I might as well continue to eat everything in sight.....
My thoughts exactly. Was over at my sister's place in C'wood for brunch, which consisted of bacon/sausage/eggs/toast/hash browns/coffee/juice/fruit tray, then back my parent's place for the classic turkey/stuffing/vegetables/mashed etc. Then I took a 3 hour nap, and am rested for more turkey and stuffing.

jungalissa

TRIBE Member
lol. yes, but I think all that eating will be bringing on more then ONE extra layer;)

I actually don't feel like as much of a lard ass as I thought I would today. But I did go for a retardedly long work out *yawn*

KillaLadY

TRIBE Member
Our dinner (my fiancee and I) was tonight, the other nights were with our families.

So, tonight's menu included:

roast rosemary duck (it melts in your mouth)
duck gravy
stuffing (OMG, he makes an AMAZING stuffing)
lemon zest asparagus
garlic oregano roast new potatoes
Romanian home-made sausage
Of course, champagne

We don't do turkey/ham since I can't stand the taste of the bird and I loathe ham.

Oh yeah, the mandatory picture:

xsre

TRIBE Member
Christmas Eve - traditional turkey extravaganza
Christmas Day - Breakfast Spectacular (ham/asparagus frittata and bacon!), followed by presents and a 4 hour snooze, followed by a Lamb and Ham dinner, oh my!

technowelt

TRIBE Member
Christmas Eve: tourtiere and spiced beef
Christmas Morning: mimosas and a casserole made with bread, eggs, cheese butter and bacon
Christmas Dinner: turkey & sausage stuffing, mashed potatoes, veggies

I don't think I need to eat until '07 :(

rhyss

TRIBE Member
christmas eve - turkey dinner with chris' family
christmas morning - breakfast yumminess with chris' family (after gift opening)
christmas dinner - more turkey with my family
boxing day - luncheon / dinner thing with more of chris' family

Gfunkdiva

TRIBE Member
no turkey for me this year...

christmas eve = homemade spaghetti w/ squid sauce, calamari, smelt, cod, shrimp & crab antipasti, salad and pastries
christmas day = homemade ravioli, roasted lamb, salad, pastries
today-new years = vegetable soup at home to detox during the day, and countless party snacks/treats at cocktail parties - I have a party to go to EVERYDAY until Monday. The eating/drinking just does not stop!

lucky1

TRIBE Member
three turkey dinners for me..

Dec. 22 with friends, Dec. 25 with my Family, Dec. 26 with BF's family.

on Christmas eve i made lamb curry, very non-traditional lol..... it was a tonne of work.. but tuned out pretty good..

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
since i'm bored....

christmas eve - my sister had like a gazillion people over at night so it was appetizers galore for dinner. so good.
christmas day - huge breakfast and then for dinner we had turkey, mashed potato casserole thingie, stuffing, THE bean casserole that is family tradition, glazed root veggies, broccoli and cauliflower tree, cranberry sauce, cranberry jello salad thingie, christmas baking for dessert
boxing day - ham, hash brown/cheese potatoes, chicken, salad, beans with almonds, corn, some nasty wierd jello stuff that my aunt brought over and we had to force down to be polite, and birthday cake for my strange cousin. lol.

i never need to eat again. i've been full every morning when i've woken up since last thursday which is really gross.

dyad

TRIBE Member
christmas morning: st urbain bagels (that I brought with me to kansas... nothing like them in middle america) and veg and cheeses for an easy light prep for

christmas dinner: gin and tonic appetizer, a never empty glass of wine, ham and turkey, cornbread stuffing, mashed potatoes, some green bean and cream sauce casserole with fritos on it, sweet potatoes with sugary pecan topping, strawberry sauce and cabbage (the only really healthy side available). various cookies and a choice of pie (chocolate cream, banana cream or pecan) for dessert then time to hit the rye.

all before 3pm

Fairie

TRIBE Member
Christmas Eve breakfast – eggs, sausages, toast, coffee, champagne & oj
Christmas Eve “Who-ville feast” – duck l’orange pate, smoked oysters, two types of dipping oils with freshly baked bread, various cheeses, crackers, veggies, wine, beer etc. We grazed for the entire evening.

Christmas Day brunch – broccoli and cheese quiche, fresh squeezed orange juice
Christmas Day dinner – traditional turkey extravaganza and a bottomless glass of wine
Christmas Day evening – apple and cranberry crumble, lots of turkey sandwiches and a bottomless glass of wine

Boxing Day breakfast – smoked ham, eggs and croissants
Boxing Day – turkey sandwiches, chocolates and a bottomless glass of wine.

I may never eat again.

Aerius Zension

TRIBE Member
Screw turkey, I made my first prime rib roast. It was more rare that I like, but I was happy it wasn't burned or dry. Next time I'm making an accompanying mushroom sauce.

ian

TRIBE Member
Fairie said:
Christmas Eve breakfast – eggs, sausages, toast, coffee, champagne & oj
Christmas Eve “Who-ville feast” – duck l’orange pate, smoked oysters, two types of dipping oils with freshly baked bread, various cheeses, crackers, veggies, wine, beer etc. We grazed for the entire evening.

Christmas Day brunch – broccoli and cheese quiche, fresh squeezed orange juice
Christmas Day dinner – traditional turkey extravaganza and a bottomless glass of wine
Christmas Day evening – apple and cranberry crumble, lots of turkey sandwiches and a bottomless glass of wine

Boxing Day breakfast – smoked ham, eggs and croissants
Boxing Day – turkey sandwiches, chocolates and a bottomless glass of wine.

I may never eat again.
You forgot the sausage meat!

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
we had:

turkey with stuffing (with bacon, apples and sage) and gravy
mashed potatoes
mashed sweet potatoes
brussels sprouts braised in cream
green beans with maple pecans and orange
roast squash with brown butter and sage
glazed carrots with cranberries