• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

choking..

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
has anyone ever choked on some food to the point where they almost passed out? well that happened to me earlier at work. lol geezis.. i sliced myself some roast and started to chew, but since it was so juicy it slide down the back of my throat and got stuck. I tried to get it down but it wouldn't budge. I did everything i could, bringing it up, drinking water, but nothing worked and i started to panic because nobody was around. Next thing you know i felt the pressure build up in my head because i couldn't breath and i almost passed out before a co-worker walked into the kitchen and saw me going down lol hah i can laugh about it now.. but holy shit that was scary

chew your food people

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Eccentric (LRG)

TRIBE Member
Last day of grade 9.
French class..
Party....

Piece of popcorn chicken...
Ran to the bathroom, slammed back some water, pounded on my chest. Finally made myself puke...

Scared the hell out of myself.

Now anytime I start to choke I get nervous thinking about how bad it was that time.

Choking sucks!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Yes, this happened to me with a slice of pizza while I was driving. Kinda scary and embarrassing. But I survived!

SelfExel

TRIBE Member
Once when I was a child I choked on a big fruit seed the fruit is called jocote, anyways I was choking and my old man grabbed me by my feet and hung me upside down till it came out. I don't think to this day he knows how to save someone from choking, who knows he might.

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
yeah it was brutal.. my throat is actually still sore. It was strange to start seeing stars and feeling light-headed.. yikes...freaked me out

Caz

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Eclipze
has anyone ever choked on some food to the point where they almost passed out? well that happened to me earlier at work. lol geezis.. i sliced myself some roast and started to chew, but since it was so juicy it slide down the back of my throat and got stuck. I tried to get it down but it wouldn't budge. I did everything i could, bringing it up, drinking water, but nothing worked and i started to panic because nobody was around. Next thing you know i felt the pressure build up in my head because i couldn't breath and i almost passed out before a co-worker walked into the kitchen and saw me going down lol hah i can laugh about it now.. but holy shit that was scary

chew your food people

Jesus:eek: Glad your alright man!

joey

TRIBE Member
At a previous job when I was a cook a guest ordered a steak. I guess he didn't chew it enough either. Apparently he went to the washroom to try to fix himself up but nothing would work. He died in the bathroom :(

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by joey
At a previous job when I was a cook a guest ordered a steak. I guess he didn't chew it enough either. Apparently he went to the washroom to try to fix himself up but nothing would work. He died in the bathroom :(

Holy crap...that's terrible.:(

What an aweful way to die.

sk8

TRIBE Member
you can actually perform the heimlich manoever on yourself.

if you are choking to the point where no air is getting in at all. do the landmark like you would on someone else - find your hipbones and then directly across. then find something hard like the back of a chair and basically ram yourself against it in that spot in the same upward kind of motion you would use on someone else.

yup. this is why everyone should take a first aid course.

glad you are okay. that is scary. if your throat is bothering you - you might want to see a doctor. choking can tear or irritate the trachea and that can cause swelling later on which can impair breathing.

(ps - don't smack someone on the back who is choking - that can make it worse and don't do anything until the person can't breathe - cause coughing is the best way to get it up.)

Cheap Ego

TRIBE Member
I once choked on an orange wedge.

ever since then I could turn my face beet red on command..

see, it's not all bad.

OTIS

TRIBE Member
Happened to me at a party once. I was clean & sober and pretty much just nursing my bottle of water which had one of those twisty spouts on it. I went to take a sip, so I squeezed a stream into my mouth which somehow shot straight down my throat into my lungs... I choked, tried to breathe and couldn't. So I ran down the stairs (Tropicana) and began to try and cough it out hoping one fo the bouncers would take a cue and do something to help me breathe again. Fat chance, they just stood & stared as if to say "I wonder what that flake is on". I couldn't talk, or breathe so I couldn't say I was choking I felt horribly helpless. Finally after what seemed like forever, I began to breathe again through my nose, then my mouth again. Scariest moment ever.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by joey

I learned in my lifeguarding courses that most people who die while choking are found in the bathroom. most people get embarassed and run to the washroom.

I choked once on a peice of apple in my hihgschool caf and someone gave me the hiemlick manouver.

SelfExel

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by aether
we need to declare a war on choking.

Yes. We must let everyone know that choking is not a thing to be ashamed of and that letting people know that you are choking is best. Once you admit you have a problem it can be rectified.