• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Chinese Food Boxes

KickIT

TRIBE Member
I've never had Chinese food that comes out of a box. Anyone know anywhere downtown where I can order some msg in a box?

foodboxsm.jpg

*c*

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Chinese food always comes in the foil giant pie plate thingy with the styrofoam plate lid, or in those small red and white square boxes (egg roll and chicken wings and such). everyon knows that ;)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Then how come I always see these things on tv? Is this some kinda tv exclusive thing?

And Ming, Shanghai Cowgirl doesn't sell chinese? What's with that?

*c*

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KickIT
And Ming, Shanghai Cowgirl doesn't sell chinese? What's with that?

*c*

i'm not exactly what the story is there.

chris would know, he has a friend that works there. my guess is that the name is more about style than substance. everyone wants to be chinese. :p

Alita

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by The Tesseract
Congee Wong does... if i'm not mistaken.

I dont think so - everytime I get take out from there the food is in styrofoam boxes or plastic containers.

I'm pretty sure I got that box Chinese food once...I just can't remeber where it was from! I do remember that the food sucked though! :p

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
I had chinese food once a couple of years ago in the infamous "box".

I think it might have been in new york city though... actually now that I think about it... it may have just been a dream.

Poot

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ev
I had chinese food once a couple of years ago in the infamous "box".

I think it might have been in new york city though... actually now that I think about it... it may have just been a dream.

Yeah - NYC for sure.

Not a dream.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
It's like those blue and white coffee cups that they are always drinking out of in the NYC cop shows, I couldn't find that coffee shop anytime i've been in nYC.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
I think I remember ordering chicken balls as a kid and it coming in those boxes. I don't care if the food is shit, i just wanna eat out of one of those boxes. Yes, I know I'm fucked.

*c*

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stir-fry
It's like those blue and white coffee cups that they are always drinking out of in the NYC cop shows, I couldn't find that coffee shop anytime i've been in nYC.

When's the last time you ever dialed a phone # starting with 555? Or went to a highschool girl/boy party and drank out of red cups with white rims?

mingster

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by KickIT
I think I remember ordering chicken balls as a kid and it coming in those boxes. I don't care if the food is shit, i just wanna eat out of one of those boxes. Yes, I know I'm fucked.

*c*

when i got my box from SC, i kept it. it didn't have any food on it really and i thought you never get those! i had never even seen one. it just made sense to keep it. it's like a little treasure of modern culture.

Sukebe Jiji

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by stir-fry

If you are talking about the blue and white coffee cups I 'think' you are talking about they are just a type of cup that a company sells to delis and bagel shops. They are not unique to one particular store.

and chinese food boxes are all over the place in nyc too!

jus me

TRIBE Member
Only is the U.S as far as I know....

I had black & white m & m's today. Do they have them here in Canada? There's a big contest in the U.S. to find their colors.