1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

CHINA ! - Deodorant Cannons Wage War Against Landfill Stench

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by glych t.anomaly, Mar 27, 2010.

1. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

[​IMG]

ANTI-STINK CANNON

"Alright men. Listen here and listen good. This landfill is one mean sumovabitch. And boy does it stink. Stinks bad. So we're rolling out the heavy artillery: One-hundred stink-killin', air-freshenin' cannons. I love the smell of deodorant in the morning."

Alternatively:
    Look at your stick of deodorant, now back to this deodorant cannon, now back to your stick, now back to the cannon. Look down, back up, where are you? A landfill in Beijing (on a horse) blasting stink to smithereens.

Either way, 100 of these truck-mounted, air-freshening cannons will soon be aimed at a Beijing landfill. Much to the chagrin of its neighbors, the dump has been blanketing the area in an unpleasant stench, and city officials are responding by calling in the calvary.

The cannons blast several gallons of sweet-smelling mist every minute at a distance of up to 164 feet. Chinese officials are yet to announce whether they will opt for "original scent" or "alpine rush" ammunition.

my friend lives in Beijing, i am going to ask him if he can find this place and if it makes the smell better.

regardless of that though, this is fucked. i dont know what they are putting into the air, but i wouldnt want to live anywhere near it. or the landfill.

[ja]

2. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

funny.

for some reason it reminds me of an old computer game where they had sonic tanks.

anyhoo.

3. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

on a serious note. I'm sure it's a matter of time before they start launching stink to sun/mars/moon.

4. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

i bet that cannon is painted with lead paint!

5. Karim

Karim TRIBE Member

Don't bring an 'axe' to a 'cannon' fight.

6. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

I think they're just making PR. fantasy. They'res no such thing as an anti stink weapon.

It's like the olympics, when they CGI'ed the shit out of their opening ceremonies.

(flicks nose)

7. JAR

JAR TRIBE Member

I lived in Beijing for a year and a half - that whole city smells like rotten garbage and sewage. In fact, most big cities in Asia I've been to do. For the locals to be complaining about it, and the government to actually be doing something to remedy it, it must REALLY be bad.

8. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

shoot it into the sun!!

the suuunnnnnnn!

9. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

this great ball of green will eat up any stench you send it's way!

[​IMG]

10. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

yeah i kinda thought this must be the case.

[jai]