• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

Chilled Calico Free To A Good Home

grounded4life

TRIBE Member
Hi there,

I recently had a beautiful calico kitten (aprox 1 yr old) follow me home. She's a stray but certainly not a typical stray. She's the most chilled cat you'll ever see. I'm taking her to get her shots tomorrow. She's been bathed and is clean as a whistle! And wasn't so terrible to bathe (she was purring when she got out)!

Unfortunately I cannot keep this little critter as my other cat doesn't get along with her. I am hoping to find someone without another cat in their household that will love and care for this adorable little cat. Truly she's the most amazingly chilled cat I have ever seen, total lap cat. She'll sleep at the end of your bed, and make the cutest little sounds when you pet her. She's a suck for rubs and will stick her head under your hand to make you pet her. It breaks my heart to part with her.

You do have to take her to be neutered before the spring, otherwise that's a mess you don't want to clean up!

I have the name of a place that does this at a reduced cost provided to me by the Toronto Humane Society. Apparently they are booking after the new year. I can throw in a bag of food that I've bought as well. Just to add she is litter trained.

She should be available to bring home by the end of this week or the beginning of next week.

All those interested please PM me. I have provided a photo I found online that looks a lot like the kitty I am describing.

Thanks.

G4L

grounded4life

TRIBE Member
Actually I haven't.

I am trying to see if I can integrate her into our home without the raging cat fights... I am hoping that they'll die down and they'll be able to live together.

She's terrified to leave my room because of the other cat.

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member
quick story...

my girlfriend and i recently moved in together, she has a 2 year old torty named casey. since we have a new big place and are both gone during the day my gf decides that casey needs a friend (eventhough casey has been alone for most of her life)...so after a trip to the humane society and coming up empty we visit the annex cat rescue site. we immediately find a damn cute older kitten named rory. after meeting with his fosterowner we decided to take him home a few days later. my gf was sure that casey would take well to her new best friend, i on the other hand, thought it was going to be a disaster...and it was! rory, the ever playful, ever curious, lonely feral kitten was so happy to have a companion, casey didn't share these sentiments. so all she did was hiss, growl, swat at and pretty much make any ordinary kitten's life hell. but rory either being incredibly courageous or incredibly dumb kept on trying to play with his new best friend. well for about a week casey wouldn't let him near him without some sort of negative reaction, i for sure thought we'd be taking him back to his foster home. but now some three weeks later they're best buds. getting his nuts chopped off probably helped too!

so anyways, here they were yesterday doing what they do best

there's hope for you yet!

grounded4life

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JayIsBored
quick story...

my girlfriend and i recently moved in together, she has a 2 year old torty named casey. since we have a new big place and are both gone during the day my gf decides that casey needs a friend (eventhough casey has been alone for most of her life)...so after a trip to the humane society and coming up empty we visit the annex cat rescue site. we immediately find a damn cute older kitten named rory. after meeting with his fosterowner we decided to take him home a few days later. my gf was sure that casey would take well to her new best friend, i on the other hand, thought it was going to be a disaster...and it was! rory, the ever playful, ever curious, lonely feral kitten was so happy to have a companion, casey didn't share these sentiments. so all she did was hiss, growl, swat at and pretty much make any ordinary kitten's life hell. but rory either being incredibly courageous or incredibly dumb kept on trying to play with his new best friend. well for about a week casey wouldn't let him near him without some sort of negative reaction, i for sure thought we'd be taking him back to his foster home. but now some three weeks later they're best buds. getting his nuts chopped off probably helped too!

so anyways, here they were yesterday doing what they do best

there's hope for you yet!
That;s so cute.

I'm trying to integrate them slowly, it's a little different when they;re two females! But I'm still trying!

grounded4life

TRIBE Member
So the topic has come up again that my Calico "Trouble" is really not getting along with my other cat, and tormenting her. Obviously she is not meant to be in a home with another cat. So it's come to giving her away. She's really awesome, and needs a good home without any other cats there. She's had her shots, and she's spayed. Anyone who would like to come by and meet her is welcome.

JESuX

TRIBE Member
awwwwwwwwww. :(

i had mega cat integration troubles for some time too...

i just bit the bullet a few months back, let them have free reign over the apartment and work their shit out amongst themselves...

when i came back from xmas break, the two of them were sitting chillin' on the couch and licking each other.

they still fight occassionally, sometimes pretty vehemently, but generally, they'll be chill with one another.

how long has it been since you first integrated them? have you tried just tossing them in the same room and not closing the doors?

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

grounded4life

TRIBE Member
Oh they've been exposed to eachother for six months and Trouble is still at her. So I don't know what else to do. The person I originally got Jade from (other kitty) let me know that she could take Jade back now that she's in her won place in Kingston. Honestly I don't want to part with either, but I think Jade would be happier in Kingston where she could go outside and play if she wanted to. She's been an indoor cat since I got her though and I see the way she looks outside wanting to go out....